Your new company
Hays is pleased to be working in partnership with a leading global manufacturing facility who are seeking to appoint an HR Officer to join their team on a temporary basis.
This is a varied and busy role and offers excellent development opportunity for a recent HR or CIPD graduate.
Your new role
As an HR Officer, you will be working within a diverse HR team to support supporting the employee life cycle, through recruitment, onboarding, absence management, culture & engagement activities, and data management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To work in conjunction with the Talent Team and Managers to ensure that all employees receive a great employee experience throughout their employment with the Company
- To support the Talent Team with the complete recruitment process whilst ensuring a positive candidate experience
- To assist with attraction and retention activities as required, e.g., attendance at recruitment fairs, providing support for engagement activities, employee forums etc
- To manage the leaver process, including the completion of exit interviews and sharing of recommendations based on the outputs of the interviews
- With guidance from the HR Specialists, support managers with investigation and disciplinary meetings as required, particularly those relating to absence
- To assist with the development of HR policies and documentation within NI and across other countries
- To manage the Talent systems and internal shared drive, ensuring that systems/files are well organised and documents held in the appropriate place
- To maintain accurate payroll records for monthly processing
- To assist with the collation of information for the completion of monitoring returns
- To assist Learning and Development with the maintenance of the Learning Management System and organisation of learning events
- To promote effective employee relations across the organisation
What you'll need to succeed
- Educated to degree level in either HR or Business- related discipline combined with at least 1 years, previous experience in an HR Administration role
- OR educated to A Level or equivalent combined with at least 2 years' experience in a HR Administration role
- CIPD qualification would be desirable
- Good working knowledge of Employment legislation
- Experience with recruitment and selection and/or employee relations
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to effectively plan, organise and control daily workload
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Enthusiastic, energetic self-starter
- Willingness to develop and adapt to new situations
- Team Player
- Dependable and reliable
- Attentive to detail and analytical in approach
- Ability to work under pressure
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.