Office and Health & Safety Manager
We’re Imperial Health Charity, an organisation that helps our hospitals do more through grants, arts, volunteering and fundraising. We support the five hospitals of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust: Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea, St Mary’s and the Western Eye.
We are currently seeking an Office and Health & Safety Manager to join us on a full-time, permanent basis, working 35 hours per week.
- Salary of £42,492 - £46,964 per annum
- 25 days’ holiday per year plus bank holidays, increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 33 days
- An extra day’s holiday to be taken one week either side of your birthday
- Support towards healthcare costs including eye tests and dental and support with mental health through counselling; additional access to gym discounts
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Pension (with contributions of 10%)
- Life assurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity and adoption leave
- Staff arts club – including free entry to London galleries
- Access to a range of high street and online discounts
- Sick pay
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Office Manager, with significant experience and knowledge of Health & Safety Management, to join our crucial organisation.
When you join us, you’ll discover a warm, friendly team and a supportive environment where your hard work will be rewarded and your professional development will be encouraged.
So, if you’re looking for a highly engaging and rewarding role, where your work will contribute to the continued success of an organisation that supports the NHS and its hospitals, this is the perfect role!
As the Office and Health & Safety Manager, you will oversee the operation of our main office on Edgware Road, as well as managing Health & Safety at our three smaller, hospital-based offices across London.
Overseeing the day-to-day functioning of our main office, you will ensure it is fully equipped, clean and fit for purpose by managing supplier and services relationships, including our IT supplier and services.
Taking responsibility for the Health & Safety of all staff, you will ensure all of our offices comply with health and safety requirements, legislation and law. You will ensure that staff participate in mandatory health & safety training, recording the completion of this training.
Additionally, you will:
- Complete access, risk and fire assessments, including COSHH
- Monitor changes to Health & Safety law
- Manage accounts and equipment for new starters and leavers
To be considered as the Office and Health & Safety Manager, you will need:
- Significant experience managing a self-serviced office
- Experience of managing first aid, fire marshal, DSE, and workplace health and safety
- Experience of creating and maintaining workplace risk assessments
- Experience of using digital systems to ensure efficient record-keeping
- Experience of managing an IT partner in an office environment
- Knowledge of best practice and legal requirements in workplace health and safety
- The ability to understand, assess and manage risk in an office environment
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
Ideally, you will have experience of working for a charity or NHS employer.
Please note, this role will require you to travel between hospital sites in West London.
This role will require DBS disclosure.
Other organisations may call this role Facilities Manager, Operations Manager, Office Manager, Workplace Manager, or Office Co-ordinator.
The closing date for applications is 9th October 2022.
Webrecruit and Imperial Health Charity are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you can help our offices remain ship-shape as an Office and Health & Safety Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.