To provide the UK&I Southern region with a comprehensive Human Resources service to meet the needs of the business, present and future. To assist in facilitating change, organisational development and the implementation of policies and procedures in line with all legislation and employment regulations. To manage the regional HR team and all HR activity required to address station business challenges across the South region.
A Global Aviation Services Company.
The key responsibilities for the HRBP are:
- Assisting with leading and facilitating the People Plan for the stations within the South region ensuring that it is aligned to the Operational Business Plan and overall company people agenda.
- Actively manage corporate and local initiatives and projects on a broad range of HR related subjects.
- Interface with HR COE's of Learning & Development, Resourcing, Reward and Employee Relations in the delivery of an effective HR Business Partnering service across the region.
- Recommend and direct the development of policy and procedure on all aspects of HR management and practice that reflects legislation and other regulations, current best practice of HR management.
- Assist in the preparation of UK Employment Tribunal Cases, representing the Company where appropriate.
- Contribute to/conduct negotiations with Trade Union in conjunction with operational managers on pay, terms and conditions and procedural matters.
- Contribute to/conduct effective employee transfers, referring to current legislation with regard to TUPE.
- Apply good management practices to appraise, coach and encourage the operational management team, provide new opportunities and challenges to increase knowledge and broaden experience.
- Contribute to business planning and policy development with particular regard for the people aspects.
- Leading and managing activity of a small team of HR Advisors and HR Co-ordinators located remotely throughout the region
- Promoting a performance culture across the organisation, keeping informed of employee performance issues across the South region, and prompting ways to enhance performance through appropriate policy or learning interventions.
- Leading the people aspects of internal and external audits ensuring each station is audit compliant and meets all required standards.
- Any other reasonable duty as requested.
The successful HRBP should have:
- CIPD qualified and/or experience within a similar role
- A professional and commercial approach to HR, with the ability to deliver high employee satisfaction and appropriate development for individuals.
- A thorough and proactive approach with the ability to deal with matters in an efficient methodical process.
- Results orientated and ability to work under pressure, think ahead and cope with conflicting priorities.
- Good interpersonal skills and strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, at all levels throughout the organisation.
- Commits to an action after developing ideas for consideration that are based on logical assumptions and factual information that take into consideration organisational risks and issues.
- Ability to present ideas and information persuasively, communicate effectively with internal customers, and build professional credibility within the organisation.
- Actively influences events to achieve goals, self-starting rather than accepting passively.
- Prior experience of liaising with TU's and negotiating on a collective basis.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Previous experience managing teams and motivating teams/individuals to deliver.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with team members and peers.
- Prior experience of HR in aviation, logistics or other service-related B2B environments.
The successful HRBP will receive:
- Immediate Start
- Salary up to £45,000
- £5,000 Car allowance (paid monthly)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company discounts and offers
- Hybrid working circa 3 days in the office and 2 from home
- Travel to other stations - 1/2 times a week at peak season or normal season on ad hoc basis (expenses covered)