Oakleaf are partnering with this globally recognised, brilliant Law firm in the hiring of a Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Specialist to lead on Engagement & Planning in their team. This is an additional role in the team in line with a focus on engagement and planning across the team, and supporting the wider business. Led by a brilliant Head of Inclusion- this role and person has the potential to make significant impact, and so much potential to evolve into bigger things!
They are looking for this person to develop and implement a plan for engaging their people internally, and external partners that support the firm's D&I vision, values and strategy. They are seeking a D&I specialist with the ability to develop a clear engagement plan, the creativity to communicate effectively and the motivation to deliver the plan to the highest standards.
You will support the delivery of the firm's D&I strategy across all groups and geographies (International coverage) meaning paying close attention to global audiences, applying sensitivity and diligence in interpreting and meeting their needs.
- Build and manage the D&I Engagement Plan, working closely with the Communications and Responsible Business team to ensure D&I key dates, reporting deadlines, and events and awards are marked, both internally and externally.
- Align people network communication plans with the D&I engagement plan
- Manage and take accountability for the practical implementation and rollout of said plans, and evaluating critical success factors.
- Manage the International D&I intranet site, driving people to keep up to date with D&I initiatives
- Manage the production of internal D&I news, videos, presentations and other content, including copywriting, editing, proof reading and working with external design agencies.
- Integrating with digital, social and PR plans as appropriate, and always ensuring brand-alignment.
- Lead on delivery of D&I reporting and insights
- Support people networks with benchmarking communications activity.
- Draft and enter D&I awards submissions on behalf of the International business.
Skills/ Experience required:
- Have a demonstrable track record in delivering effective communications.
- Have experience working with intranets and social channels.
- Have supported and implemented firm wide projects and initiatives. Be comfortable multi-tasking
- Confident in working and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Budget and supplier responsibility and management.
- Have a genuine passion and enthusiasm for Diversity and Inclusion.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be able to exercise empathy, discretion and sensitivity.
- Have a working knowledge of D&I best practices, reporting and linkages to HR practices.
This is a business that work in a Hybrid way, and are typically 2 days in the office.