Early Careers Manager
Hybrid working - 2 days per week in the office with some flexibility when needed
Oakleaf Partnership Midlands are seeking a Early Careers Manager to join a well-known transportation business in the heart of Birmingham. This is a permanent Early Careers Manager position working in a fantastic team and we are seeking an individual who has experience leading talent programmes for graduates, apprenticeships and work experience individuals. In this role you will have knowledge of future talent programmes and have excellent presentation and organisational ability.
The Early Careers Manager reports to the Head of Talent and the role is to establish, develop and embed future talent programmes across the business including graduates, apprentices and work experience programmes to create a pipeline of talent for future specialist and leadership roles in the business. The role will be responsible for supporting and advising placement managers to ensure they understand their responsibilities to the future talent programmes. This role is managing two talent advisors and will be based in Birmingham twice a week.
- Partner with Business areas and Heads of HR to establish Graduate and Apprentice requirements on an annual basis
- Work closely with Line Managers, Business Managers and Heads of HR to ensure Graduates and Apprentices are provided with appropriate placement opportunities and rotations; and to identify end of programme deployment opportunities
- Work closely with placement managers to ensure they have the information, support and guidance required to manage Graduates and Apprentices within their teams
- Champion and promote Graduate and Apprentice programmes and activities internally and externally
- Line management responsibility for Talent & Learning Advisor & Administrator
- Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.