Oakleaf are partnering with a small, UK based Law firm to find an HR Manager to join their small collabourative HR team., to support their Dispute resolution and Real estate practice areas.
This is fantastic opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team of HR and recruitment professionals. Led by the Director of People and Culture, the team currently consists of a Head of HR, Senior Recruitment Manager, two HR Managers, a Senior HR Advisor, a Junior HR Advisor, a HR & Recruitment Administrator and a Payroll Administrator.
As a HR Manager, you will business partner for two of their four core departments, delivering HR support and advice to partners and managers, building strong and effective relationships with heads of department and partners involved in the day to day operation of those teams. You will be the first point of HR contact and will also have responsibility to support and lead on various HR projects.
- Help to lead and grow the HR Business Partnering function
-Provide commercial advice and support to managers and partners on employee relations issues such as performance, disciplinary and grievance, ensuring a consistent approach is followed
- Review progress of new joiners throughout a new joiner's probationary period, advising and supporting managers
- Conduct exit interviews with leavers
- Keep abreast of pay and benefit trends and market rates
- Develop pay and benefit proposals for the Firm's annual salary review process for your client groups.
- Take a lead role in the maintenance and continued development of the firm's wellbeing programme.
- Responsibility to support and lead, with guidance from the Head of HR as appropriate, on agreed HR projects as required.
- Support and advocate the firm's inclusion and diversity strategy and initiatives
- Provide support and guidance to the Junior HR Advisor and HR and Recruitment Administrator
The successful candidate will be an experienced generalist HR professional, ideally with experience in the legal sector or a professional services environment. You will have experience in delivering high quality HR support to a sophisticated client base, dealing with senior stakeholders and forging strong relationships at every level. CIPD qualifications are also highly desirable.
You will also possess:
- The ability to build and maintain working relationships across all areas of the business, demonstrating a range of influencing skills, personal impact and communication skills that will ensure success and credibility at all levels
- A resiliant nature
- A high level of accuracy, organisation and efficiency skills, with a keen attention to detail in all areas of work;
- A calm, resilient and unflappable nature, with the ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and work to tight deadlines
This firm are currently working 3 days in the office, 3 at home and have a flexible approach to working patterns as required.