Reward and Payroll Manager
Winton is a research-based investment management company with a specialist focus on statistical and mathematical inference in financial markets. The firm researches and trades quantitative investment strategies, which are implemented systematically via thousands of securities, spanning the world's major liquid asset classes. Founded in 1997 by CEO David Harding, Winton today manages assets for some of the world’s largest institutional investors.
We employ ambitious professionals who want to work collaboratively at the leading edge of investment management.
We seek a multi-skilled, highly technical payroll, benefits and compensation specialist to join our HR team in London. You will work in a broad role with ownership for payroll and benefits across 7 countries, as well as helping deliver our compensation and benefits strategy.
We run highly automated reward processes and this role will suit someone who is technology focused and wants to leverage software to deliver their work.
- Managing monthly payroll for 150+ employees in the UK with smaller payrolls in China, Hong Kong, US, Australia, Ireland and shadow payrolls
- Running end-to-end payroll processes for 7 countries: Running payroll reporting from Workday to generate payroll inputs; checking payroll results; building payroll reporting for sign-off; configuring payments; loading payroll journals
- Ensure payroll tasks are completed in line with payroll calendars and controls, including month end and year-end reporting
- Advising on employee tax and benefits issues as part of mobility projects
- Manage a full suite of employee benefits across 7 countries, with support from local colleagues in Asia
- Running benefits renewals and reviewing/implementing new benefits
- Providing high quality service colleagues on payroll and benefits queries
- Maintaining internal benefits documentation
- Quarterly salary and bonus recommendations process
- Compensation benchmarking and reporting
- Ensuring data quality and integrity
- Drive process improvement and risk mitigation by leveraging software tools and automation
- Build and maintain strong relationships and work closely with the HR team
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong end-to-end payroll processing knowledge
- Knowledge of UK and international benefits
- Software: Experience with Workday (benefits administration, compensation administration, advanced reporting) and high levels of competency with Excel (intermediate formulas for manipulating data, advanced formatting)
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic and the ability to work with minimal oversight
What Would Be Useful:
- CIPP qualification
- An interest in finance/investment management