Salary: £46,100 to £50,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Hours: 35 hours per week
• 27 days annual leave + statutory holidays + 3 closures days over the Christmas period;
• Flexible working for all staff including working from home / hybrid working, and flexi-time/TOIL scheme;
• Attractive family friendly policies;
• Private healthcare cover;
• Season ticket loans;
• Employee awards, and training and development opportunities.
Location: London / hybrid working from home
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the National Housing Federation (NHF) for a People manager to join our small people team, reporting into the People Director. The NHF is the voice of housing associations in England. We are the trade body to almost 600 housing associations, who have grown from philanthropic roots to provide 2.6 million homes to around 6 million people. You can find further information about the NHF here: https://www.housing.org.uk/about-us/
Key elements of the role:
• Overall responsibility for leading and managing the people operational functions;
• Providing expert people management and employee relations advice to managers;
• Leading on the health and wellbeing agenda for staff;
• Leading and managing the NHF’s performance appraisal process;
• Line management responsibility for the People officer;
• Delivery of a range of people related projects;
• Supporting delivery of the People and EDI strategies.
Interested in this role? Then read on……
The successful candidate:
You will be able to demonstrate:
• A strong understanding of employment law legislation and its application in the workplace, as well as HR best practice;
• The ability to build collaborative working relationships;
• A good understanding and experience of working with HRIS and databases, including manipulating data to produce reports;
• Commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI), as well as experience of implementing initiatives and or workplace practices to attract or improve the experiences of underrepresented groups;
• The ability to manage others effectively, and coach individuals to realise their full potential;
• A good HR generalist with strong understanding of all areas of the employee life cycle.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
The NHF has published its equality, diversity and inclusion strategy, which was co-created with staff – https://www.housing.org.uk/about-us/transparency/who-we-are/. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we value the contribution each individual makes to our work.
Disability confident committed employer
We are a disability confident committed employer and if you are a disabled person who demonstrates you meet the skills and experience we consider essential for the role, we will offer you an interview.
If you require this job advertisement and role profile in large print, please email your request to: Hradmin@housing.org.uk
Uploading your CV and cover letter
If you decide to apply for this role, when requested, please upload a version of your CV that does not include any personal details, such as name, gender, age etc. You should also ensure that you do not add your name at the end of the cover letter. This will help us to shortlist candidates for interview based solely on their knowledge, skills and experience.
Closing date for applications: 9.00 am on Monday 28 November 2022
Interview date: Week commencing 5 December 2022