People Advisor/HR Advisor
- Hays Human Resources
- Salisbury, England
- £19.09 - £23.06 per hour
- Closing date
- 23 Dec 2022
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- HR Advisor
People Advisor / HR Advisor to join a busy HR & people services team in Salisbury, Wiltshire
We are seeking an experienced HR Advisor / People Advisor to join a large organisation providing a comprehensive HR service to Managers including employer relations case work.
As a People Advisor you will provide a full HR Advisory service to managers across departments, key responsibilities include: -
- Manage a caseload of disciplinary, grievance and performance issues advising and supporting managers and panels with individual cases, at investigation, hearing and appeal stages. Ensuring adherence to policies and procedures and best practice.
- To develop and review HR policies, ensuring that correct information and details are provided in terms of legislation and processes. Ensure that HR policies and procedures are placed on the intranet, monitoring and ensuring that these are up to date and correct.
- To participate in projects at organisation, division or departmental level, as delegated and required. Taking the lead and co-ordination of particular projects as delegated.
- Monitor sickness absence within divisions and work with managers, staff and Occupational Health to reduce and maintain low sickness absence levels, in accordance with the Management of Attendance Policy and procedure.
- To participate in Job Matching panels and the job matching process.
- Participate in working groups and meetings as required. Organising and chairing meetings of relevance to the role.
Were seeking an experienced HR Advisor with a background of employer relations within complex organisations ideally public/unionised but could be flexible depending on experiences.
- Previous operational HR experience, including experience in Employment Relations role.
- Experience of interpreting and advising on terms and conditions, policies and procedures.
- Experience of mentoring and coaching managers on HR aspects of their roles.
- Experience of partnership working with unions.
- Experience of developing and delivering training courses.
- CIPD Qualified or near qualified and member of CIPD. Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience. / Level 5 or 7 ideally
This role is offered on an interim basis via Hays for a 3 months contract basis
The role is Hybrid but will require a minimum of 2 days on site in Salisbury
Full time - Monday - Friday
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert