As a HR Advisor you will support the HR team with generalist HR functions such as on-boarding and off-boarding, recruitment, HR strategy's and providing advice and guidance with Employee Relation cases.
An exciting Building and Construction organisation are based in Hemel Hempstead with offices in UK and Ireland. The organisation have a great supportive working culture and have a senior leadership team that empower decision making. This HR Advisor is a full time permanent role and will be reporting into the HR Manager.
HR Advisor duties and responsibilities;
- Provide generalist HR advice, support and administration to improve business operations across the employee life cycle.
- Provide support for line managers on performance management, learning and development (including apprenticeships), capability, absence management, dispute resolution, disciplinary, grievance, absence, retirement and redundancy and maximising engagement.
- Manage and continuously aim to improve Employee Engagement
- Employee Relations casework
- On and Off Boarding
- Resourcing and Talent Planning
- Assist on inputs to the HR Strategy
- Learning and Talent Development
- Performance and Reward
- Provide supervision, coaching and mentoring and to the HR Administrator, to ensure the delivery of an accurate and efficient administration service to the business in line with HR policies and procedures.
- Provide cover for other team members / attending meetings for HR Manager.
This HR Advisor role is looking for someone who is:
- CIPD qualified (desirable but not necessary)
- Strong previous ER experience to provide generalist HR advice on employment terms, conditions, policies and procedures.
- A positive attitude to improvements and diligence to do the best possible job
- A confident communicators, with the ability to liaise with employees at all levels on sensitive issues
- Experience in dealing with complex ER issues, disciplinary, grievance etc.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
- A competitve salary
- Excellent holiday allowance
- Yearly bonus
- Free lunches with a cafiteria onsite
- Free onsite parking