This is a unique opportunity to work for a prestigious global law firm who work with some of the world's most successful companies on ground-breaking corporate deals. Very much a leader in their field, they have a reputation for putting their people first and embracing new ways of thinking.
A newly formed role, reporting directly to the COO, this Resource Manager will assist the firm in being more agile and will have an important role in talent management and liaising with the HR and leadership teams. This is an exciting opportunity for somebody to bring their experience and expertise and apply it within a firm where the work allocation function is rapidly growing
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of the work allocation process across the group, including conducting one-to-one consultations with Partners and Associates
- Highlighting potential under/over utilisation to the practice group.
- Deployment of resource to matters balancing commercial and individual needs
- Championing the use of alternative resources including utilising support at other offices
- Act as a trusted advisor to the lawyers by understanding client requirements and the wider needs of the business
- Challenge requests and deal with potential resource escalations, making decisions on conflicting demands as required
- Leading resource management projects and initiatives
- Creating a skills matrix for new joiners
The ideal candidate will have proven experience within a work allocation/resource management role or similar, and ideally have experience of working in a professional services or large corporate environment. They could also be a Lawyer looking for a change of career direction. Be able to consult with a wide range of stakeholders at different levels. Respond with empathy and understanding to enhance relationships. Be resilient to deal with challenges from people within the business, with good interpersonal and strong influencing skills. Experience of conflict resolution, with the ability to manage complex conflicts between numerous parties, drawing on robust negotiation skills to resolve them. Be able to actively manage expectations and escalate issues where necessary.