£140,000 - £150,000 plus equity, bonus and strong benefits
Hybrid 2 - 3 days in the office (London W12)
An exciting opportunity for a VP of HR to join a biotech start-up organisation who have recently secured series A funding. This is pretty much a blank page and although some processes and policies are in place, you will have the opportunity to create an HR offering and build a culture from scratch, but not only this, you will be a trusted advisor to the CEO and Board, of who you will be responsible for recruiting, so you will have the gravitas, focus and business acumen to be able to make commercial decisions and develop a strong strategy.
This company is already two years old and at the beginning of their journey to create a people business, the professors started their research on this life changing cell therapy 10 years ago.
- Creating the people strategy from inception, as a 20-person business currently, mostly R&D employees, you will build the C-Suite and team around the needs of the business working closely with investors and founding partners.
- You will commercially decide what is best for the business from a people perspective, making decisions on everything HR related
- Map the key hires in the business and then create an EVP, employer branding and a strong strategy around talent mapping and attraction.
- Put in place an onboarding journey, a retention strategy, combine with individual career paths, development, L&D, regular engagement
- Manage a team that you develop who will in turn support you and the business moving forward.
- Complete a full review of all policy, process and understand what is fit for purpose and what needs to be amended
- Work closely with management and leaders on a coaching and development plan, how to better their management skills and create a next generation of leaders for the business
- Work with 3rd parties on outsourcing non-vital resources
- Oversee all employment law, governance and compliance requirements
- Drive the ESG and DEI programme forward, developing and working with the business to implement and meet the organisations objectives
- Be able to work in a fast paced and ever changing environment with a high degree of ambiguity
- You will have come from either life sciences, pharmaceutical or a biotech business previously, and understand the journey that a start-up of this nature will be embarking on
- Experience in start-up / scale up business is key, ideally at series A funding and looking to get to series B
- You will have an intellectual mind, enjoy working with highly skilled R&D individuals and understand their focuses and drivers as individuals
- CIPD Level 7 and Degree educated as a minimum or equivalent experience is required
- You'll be able to give sound advice to the Board, challenge them on day to day business requirements and be a strong leader with ethical values and beliefs.
To be considered for this role, please apply online
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.