The HR Manager will support the HR Business Partner in the factories, executing HR strategy and initiatives across all sites and is the first point of contact for HR operational and ER matters
My client is a global food manufacturer, known for their well-known household brands. They have sites in the North and South of the UK. They are an innovative growing organisation, with a great culture and a focus on well-being
The HR Manager will support the HR Business Partner by developing effective relationships, and partnering with the Site Leadership Team, People Managers and employees at site.
The HR Manager will;
- Provide advice and guidance on a range of HR-related issues to support understanding, alignment/consistency and resolution
- Provide site-level decision-making on matters of application of ME HR policy. Ensures defendable consistency and relevant information sharing/escalation across sites as necessary
- Lead for resourcing/recruitment up to SLT level, and responsible for efficiencies in average cost of hire and is seen as the Dayforce (HRIS) expert for the recruitment processes.
- Optimise resourcing through various external mediums including apprenticeships
- Benchmark all roles and align them with Hay Grading structure to ensure all roles are successfully evaluated.
- Facilitate and manage full recruitment and selection process (up to SLT)from screening to coaching hiring managers
- Interface with and coach People Managers and Senior Management Team on performance and capability to drive a high performing culture
- Input and contribute to people development with the wider HR Team regarding people and team development needs and opportunities, as well as important HR topics for People Managers, such as harassment, discrimination etc
- Deliver a monthly HR KPI dashboard to identify areas of concern which then drives appropriate action plans
- Ensure effective monitoring of sickness trends and remedial action in accordance with ME policy and facilitate a proactive approach to absence management
- Ensure formal, fair and legally compliant processes are followed through record keeping and legal guidance when dealing with investigations, grievances, disciplinaries and redundancies.
- Work with the HR Business Partners and People Managers on creating and implementing action plans following the annual employee engagement survey
- Be an integral part of the well-being team
The ideal candidate will have extensive HR generalist experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment (food production would be advantageous but not essential).
You will be comfortable operating in a fast-paced production environment, and able to demonstrate the ability to prioritise effectively in this environment
You will have demonstrable experience in providing effective coaching to line managers, supporting activities across culture and engagement, recruitment, and people development
A salary of circa £40,000 - £45,000 plus benefits
The role is site-based with flexibility when required. This is not a hybrid role, due to the operational nature of the environment
There will be the expectation of adhoc travel for team collaboration purposes