Your new company
Hays is pleased to be working in partnership with a global leader in the supply chain industry to appoint an HR Manager to join their team on a 6 month fixed term contract.
Your new role
As an HR Manager, you will be exposed to a dynamic, fast paced growing organisation. Reporting directly to the HR Director UK & Ireland, you will be responsible for a local team of HR professionals. You will work as a business partner to the local leadership team and in close connection with the local Managing Director.
Your responsibilities will include the day-to-day running of the local site and projects, overseeing all employee relations matters in the aid of fostering a high performance culture, and acting in accordance with local policies, procedures and legislation.
- Oversee all aspects of the local HR function in close connection with the HR Director UK & Ireland
- HR Business Partner to the General Manager/Managing Director and local Leadership Team
- Directly responsible for a Team of HR professionals
- Overseeing all employee relation matters and day-to-day activities, in line with local legislation and company policies and procedures
- In conjunction with the HR Director, you will support organisational change initiatives, change and transition including the embedding of Company culture, Mission Vision and Values and Leadership Styles
- Drive an employee-oriented high performance culture emphasising productivity, goal attainment and empowerment
- Responsible for local initiatives focused on attracting and retaining employees including, grading structures, salary benchmarking, salary and benefits, staff training, reward and recognition schemes, employee welfare programs and performance management
- Develop team members and act as a mentor and coach for management and peers
- Manage complex employee relations casework including; dispute resolutions, disciplinaries , grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy etc
- In conjunction with the HR Director, you will manage local talent, retention and succession planning together with development opportunities.
- You will be responsible for driving, monitoring and measuring key initiatives associated with HR KPIs
- Drive the local HR Business Plan projects in alignment with overall business and Group objectives, and provide support to other departmental projects as required
- Identify improvements in work processes, promoting continuous improvement
What you'll need to succeed
- BA, BS or MS degree in HRM, Management and/or Business and/or CIPD Qualified - Level 5 or above
- Previous HR experience, in a fast paced, similar environment
- Ability to shift smoothly between project execution and day-to-day activity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to deliver a message to all levels
- Highly approachable and personable
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Acts in a highly professional, confidential and private manner
- Ability to influence decisions in the interest of the business and achieving win-win situations
- Ability to directly and indirectly coach and mentor teams in the aid of development and growth
- Proactive and pragmatic with balanced and sound judgement
- Responsive problem solver and solution focused.
- Ability to drive accountability amongst the team and within the wider business
What you'll get in return
- Salary £50,000 (pro rata for 6 months)
- Excellent career development opportunity
- 6 month fixed term contract
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.