Your new company
Hays in pleased to be working in partnership with a leading utilities provider to appoint an HR Officer to join their team on a fixed term contract basis.
This organisation is 'Great Place to Work' certified, and well established in the local community, viewing their corporate social responsibility programme as an important part of what they do.
Your new role
As and HR Officer, you will work closely with the HR Manager, supporting with the day to day operations of the HR function.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage all aspects of the recruitment cycle from vacancy notification to induction.
- Manage the employee lifecycle from induction to leaver to ensure all relevant paperwork and processes are completed and relevant parties informed.
- Act as the first point of contact for all HR related queries, providing professional advice, guidance and support to managers and staff on HR policies and procedures.
- Monitor absence across the organisation, providing timely and accurate absence information and initiating the absence management process as appropriate, ensuring appropriate parties are informed when required.
- Support the Line Managers with employee relations issues such as grievances, investigations and disciplinary hearings.
- Review and update HR Policies in line with current legislation and Company procedures.
- Collate information and prepare annual monitoring return and Article 55 review to ensure adherence with the Equality Commission requirements.
- Assist with the delivery of the HR Training Cycle.
- Update the HR system and paper records in an accurate and timely manner to ensure the integrity of employee information, and payroll data.
- Ensure administration systems and processes are continually monitored, reviewed and improved in order to progress the services offered by the team and enhance efficiency of delivery.
- Assist with employee relations activities such as partaking as a LIFE Committee member and the roll out of the Company's health and wellbeing strategy.
- Assist with the management, recording and processing of purchase requisitions and invoices.
- Assist with staff security clearance process.
- Provide confidential support to the HR Manager for all aspects of the employee life cycle as required.
What you'll need to succeed
- 2+ years' experience in an HR generalist position across full HR lifecycle.
- Experience of advising managers and participating in all aspects of recruitment including advertising, short listing, interviewing and selection.
- Experience of handling employee relations matters such as disciplinary and grievances.
- Experience of absence management to include recording, monitoring and advising managers on absence process.
- Experience of working in a confidential environment.
- Experience of managing deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Working knowledge of employment legislation.
- CIPD Level 3 qualification.
- Experience of devising HR policies.
- Experience of adhering with Equality Commission requirements and reporting.
- Experience of using a HR/Payroll database and ensuring data integrity.
- Experience of digital recruitment.
What you'll get in return
- Salary £25,000
- Free onsite parking, or free shuttle bus from city centre to site
- 28 days annual leave
- Free health checks
- Life assurance
- Retail discounts
- Monthly staff giveaways
- And much more...
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.