An exciting opportunity has arisen to join CBRE’s People Team providing efficient, generalist Advisory Support with a specific focus on employee relations. You will work as part of the Advisor team, reporting into the Business Partner for the dedicated Property Management service line (including Facilities Management)..
- Provide day to day People support to employees and managers
- Provide advisory support across the service line specifically in relation to employee relations
- Provide advice, guidance and support on investigations, disciplinaries, capability, redundancy, restructure and TUPE (both in and out) processes
- To advise on efficient ER processes and continuously improve in line with legislative updates
- Ensure the adherence to ER policies consistently across the business
- To liaise with external stakeholders / providers (such as Occupational Health or Private Medical providers) efficiently to aid a timely service delivery
- Coaching and mentoring line management on best practice as required
- Building and maintaining relationships with employees of all levels Support and provide guidance to line managers and employees on policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly reports for the service line Operations and Executive Boards where applicable
- Carry out maternity/paternity leave administration including meetings, risk assessments and flexible working requests
- Liaise with our People services function on all admin related tasks
- Provide cover for other advisors in the department
- General contribution to the People Department with maintenance of policies & procedures and contribution to wider UK business initiatives Ad hoc projects and duties as and when required
- Good interpersonal skills and stakeholder engagement
- Expertise in all employee relations processes; specifically in regards to those named above
- Excellent TUPE knowledge and experience
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Maintains a positive attitude towards routine tasks
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team
- Confident and assertive where required
- Flexible approach to work
- Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients
- Willingness to learn and develop HR skills
- Calm under pressure
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience of HR databases (preferably Peoplesoft) but this is not essential as training will be given
- A good standard of education – Degree or equivalent
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, , Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Oxford and Southampton.