Reward Manager for an internationally recognised organisation based in Southampton, Hampshire
We have an outstanding opportunity for an Reward Manager to take the lead on all aspects of Total Reward for the organisation.
You will be working for an award winning People & OD team which is driving forward innovative People strategies which support the organisation with transformation and international growth. This organisation is a commercially focused growing business with a highly technical workforce, recognition of 2 unions and links to central government.
This role leads the ongoing development of the reward strategy and total reward offering, ensuring that the organisation are able to attract and retain great people with the capabilities needed for the future.
The Reward Manager is a critical role in the People Senior Leadership Team and a main point of contact for the Remuneration Committee.
In this role, you will design, develop and execute a total reward strategy, leading on core reward activities including fixed and variable compensation, including sales incentives, executive compensation, benefits, recognition, pensions, governance, and national & international mobility. Key elements of role
- Leading a small team
- Designing and executing a total reward strategy aligned to short and long-term business strategy, and reinforces the culture and values we want.
- Delivering reward projects and initiatives across geographically dispersed and international teams.
- Delivering a great service proposition, effective and clearly communicated policies, and clear governance (including job evaluation) that adds value.
- Leveraging technology and making sure reward requirements are measured and managed through Workday, with metrics in place to understand strengths and opportunities.
- Regularly benchmarking the reward offering to ensure we are clear on where we stand in the external market.
- Leading Trade Union pay negotiations to enable delivery of the business plan, and support the transition from a civil service pay structure to a more differentiated approach.
- Working closely with the Director of People to create and deliver papers for the Remuneration committee; also linking with the RemCo chair to manage the agenda, minutes and action log.
- Were seeking a experienced and capable reward professional who is able to apply technical knowledge to drive forward the reward offering.
- You will be a subject matter expert in Reward and able to provide strong leadership and direction to the People team and executive teams.
- Negotiating with people and groups
- Leading programmes of work - from inception to design and delivery
- Communicating with a wide range of critical stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Analysing and interpreting complex and technical information
- Collaborating, and able to build strategic partnerships with people and groups
- Challenging individuals confidently and constructively, and managing own resilience
- Creative and pragmatic solutions to challenging and new problems
- People Leadership capabilities
- A competitive salary, circa £70-75k
- Performance related bonus
- A competitive pension scheme
- 37 hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave - (rising by 1 day every year), bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Hybrid Working with an HQ in Southampton near the M27 and flexibility to work on site as needed eg 1-2 days per week or possibly more flexible depending on meetings required for the role.
Hays Closing Date - Friday 13th 12 noon.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.