HR Advisor / People Advisor / HR Partner role Fareham/Hybrid
HR Advisor / Partner
Great opportunity for an HR Advisor to work as a People Partner supporting managers in a full generalist role
We have an excellent opportunity for a permanent HR Advisor to join a friendly and growing charity near Fareham. Could suit developing HR advisor or fully experienced
Working as part of a proactive team you will be supporting / partnering with departments/sites across Hampshire and the South. You will take a key role in providing a comprehensive HR generalist advisory service and support to managers and employees.
Key areas including: -
- Handling employer relations case work, supporting managers with full process from end to end.
- Support managers to affect change through thorough and timely consultation processes, advising where necessary on matters of TUPE, redundancy and redeployment.
- Provide helpful advice to employees on a wide range of issues, including their contractual terms and conditions and appropriate organisational policies and procedures,
- Support to provide accurate information to managers, directors on the production of quarterly KPI'S.
- Support to regularly monitor and analyse staff, apprentice, worker and volunteer wellbeing and engagement levels, taking part in and actively promoting well-being and engagement initiatives across the organisation
- Support to regularly monitor and analyse the Equality and Diversity statistics, taking part in and actively promoting equality and diversity initiatives across the organisation
- Work with the current HR system to record and monitor the progress of various People matters, such as the developments of an employee relations case or occupational health referral.
- Support with any recognition initiatives, taking action as appropriate.
- Prioritise and plan workload to ensure I meet all deadlines set or as specified in policies.
- Keep employment law and human resources knowledge up to date and ensure that practice remains legally compliant.
- Participate in the development and delivery of appropriate internal people management training.
- Experience of working in HR in order to carry out the work outlined above.
- Knowledge of employment legislation such as TUPE, Working Time Directive, The Equality Act and the ACAS Code of Practice.
- Able to provide coaching, advice and support to Managers and staff on a wide range of employment and HR issues.
- Able to deal with issues around equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Possess the skills to communicate, consult and negotiate effectively with Unions and other external agencies as appropriate.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and adhere to Data Protection Regulations at all times, working with discretion as required.
- Able to live values and inspire others to do so through role modelling best practice.
- Able to remain calm and mediate in difficult circumstances.
- Can demonstrate excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, including minute taking.
- Skilled at IT, including Microsoft Office packages and has the ability to keep accurate records and write reports.
- Can work flexibly to meet the needs of the team and organisation.
- Possesses a driving licence and has access to a vehicle with business insurance for work usage.
The role is offered on a permanent and full time basis with a good range of benefits
Flexible and hybrid working minimum of 1 to 2 days per week on site in Fareham but will need to travel to sites in Hampshire, and some in Dorset, Sussex when needed.
- Hybrid working
- Paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing.
- Annual pay reviews - this is a discretionary benefit as pay awards are not guaranteed, but these are negotiated with our recognised union and where affordable these are awarded at whatever the agreed increase in April each year.
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday.
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options.
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave.
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes.
- Real opportunities to develop in their profession, not only with exposure to a range of matters, but with opportunities to carry out training relevant to the role.
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a free, 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme, together with other wellbeing initiatives such as in-house Wellbeing Champions and the support of Occupational Health too.
- Everything they need to carry out their role free of charge, which includes a mobile phone, laptop, any homeworking equipment needed for Hybrid working and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout the day when in the office!
- Access to discounts across lots of their favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network.
- Cycle to work scheme
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.