Your new company
Hays have partnered with this institution based in Birmingham who are looking for a HR Manager to cover a maternity for 12 months.
Your new role
As the HR manager, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day management of staff attendance including cover for absences and training course attendance as necessary
- Monitoring and supporting moderation of support staff Performance Management
- Manage all recruitment campaigns as required including designing adverts, Job Descriptions and Person Specifications
- Investigation, preparation and presentation of all papers in relation to grievances and discipline cases
- Assist with the provision of suitable HR policies for staff, writing and consulting on new documents
- Supporting, negotiating and communicating with the Unions with regard to employee issues
- Assist with the development of a training plan for all employees and the delivery of that plan, including delivery of appropriate training courses when appropriate.
- Provide managers with support in dealing with staff issues
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this position you:
- Have sound knowledge of Human Resource management
- Have knowledge of Disciplinary and Grievance processes (experience of conducting investigations)
- Have knowledge of relevant Employment legislation
- Have knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Have considerable experience of recruitment and selection including safer recruitment practices
- Have experience of computerised HR information and payroll systems (HR Portal)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.