- Page Personnel
- Cobham, England
- £20000 - £24000 per annum
- Closing date
- 8 Feb 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- HR Administrator
The HR Administrator assists with day to day operations of the HR and payroll functions and duties, in the Cobham office.
Good for those looking to get into HR or graduates looking for their first job!
Our client is a well known Education and Training School based in Cobham. You will be working within a professional team that will offer you an incredible amount of exposure and experience with a view to progress and develop.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensures the accurate and timely updating of the HR information system and the Single Central Register, including all changes of employee personal information, salary changes, benefits, etc. Ensures information is legally compliant and up to date.
- Ensures efficient, accurate and timely administration for monthly UK payroll.
- Processes and monitors security clearance checks including Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks, international overseas police checks, reference checks and documentation ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Checks and logs 'right to work in the UK' and processes Skilled Worker immigration visa applications and monitors to ensure up to date compliance with immigration requirements.
- Ensures day-to-day pension and benefit administration is processed.
- Prepares and issues letters and employment paperwork.
- Processes home leave and relocation claims.
- Ensures files are always kept up to date and reflects the SCR information.
- Reviews and replys to emails in the HR inbox and other queries.
- Supports the HR Administrators with absence and maternity processes.
- Supports HR Administrators and HR Operations Manager with iTrent HR Systems queries and generating HR reports via iTrent and Business Objects.
- Supports employee relations matters as required, e.g. disciplinary and grievance issues and is a note taker for formal meetings.
- Works with the wider HR team and helps ensure that the annual pay review is administered effectively.
- Deals with ad hoc enquiries from managers and staff effectively and efficiently using the most appropriate communication method.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the HR Operations Manager, Senior HR Administrator and HR Administrators. Compliance
- Ensures internal compliance with all HR policies and procedures and proactively advises where this might not be the case.
- Ensures company compliance with all employment law legislative requirements (e.g. 'right to work in the UK', DBS checks, Data Protection, ISI data and inspections, etc.). Recruitment & Induction
- Provides assistance to ensure the smooth running and effectiveness of local recruitment.
- Attends recruitment fairs as necessary and acts as ambassador in encouraging applicants to work.
- Assists in the induction of new staff, completing all necessary paperwork and processes to ensure a smooth transition into the Schools or Business Support Functions. General
- Plans and organises workload, ensuring prioritisation of key activities and deliverables as agreed with the Senior HR Administrator and the HR Administrators.
- Supports HR colleagues as required during absences, holidays, or workload peaks.
- Looks for opportunities to continually improve HR practises and administration and presents appropriate suggestions/solutions to the HR Operations Manager.
- Keeps abreast of changes in employment legislation and practises.
- Actively participates in HR events and team meetings.
The successful HR Administrator will have the following qualities:
* Team player with excellent customer service skills and helpful approach.
* Professional manner and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Numerate with good attention to detail and excellent administration skills.
* Strong organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
* Able to prioritise competing and varied demands.
* Pro-active approach with a flexible nature and co-operative and willing attitude.
* Computer literate with the ability to use MAC/ Windows package and HR database systems.
* Respects and adheres to confidentiality and data protection.
* Pro-active approach in identifying improvements and efficiencies in HR processes and paperwork.
* Looks for opportunities to develop level of expertise and capability.
* Able to work autonomously when required but also collaboratively across the HR Team.
On Offer to the successful HR Administrator is:
- Competitive salary
- 25 Days holiday a year +BH
- Exposure and experience
- Possible permanent contract (performance depending)
Whether you’re looking to take your first step on the HR career ladder, or you’re seeking a fresh challenge in a new HR job - we’re here to help. Our specialist consultants know the HR market inside out and can help you to find the right role for your specific skills and requirements.
Here are just some of the job areas we specialise in:
- HR administrators
- HR officers
- HR assistants
- Payroll administrators
- HR advisors
- Learning & Development assistants
- Training administrators
- Organisational Development assistants
- Recruitment assistants
We recruit permanent, temporary and contract HR jobs.
If you’re looking for a new position or are thinking of changing jobs, here are some reasons to choose Page Personnel Human Resources:
- Dedicated, specialist consultants with strong industry knowledge
- The expertise and resources of our extensive global network
- A consultative approach to creating a successful placement
- Advice and support at every step of your job search
01932 264 154
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert