Michael Page has been retained to recruit a HR & Talent Manager, which is a new role at this level, to lead the existing HR team and offering for the UK business - but to also focus on the strategic development of the Talent offering for the UK (short and mid-term) and Europe (long-term).
Our customer is a global manufacturer that has been, and will continue to, go through a period of growth and change. They have also seen a period of change in the last 18 months in the Europe region, with further transformation ahead for the next couple of years following a large investment into technologies and people.
They pride themselves in a culture centred around; Customer-centricity, Innovation, Integrity, and Collaboration.
Reporting into the HR Director for Europe, the HR & Talent Manager will be a strategic HR business lead for the UK business (two national sites - manufacturing and group / corporate functions) of a headcount of c.700 people.
You will lead, develop and mentor a team of HR practitioners across the transactional and operational arenas.
You will lead on the Talent Management and Talent Development strategy for the UK business in the short-term will a view to continue to roll out as a blue-print for the European business.
The key focus for this role is to:
- Devise a gap analysis for the current talent management and development strategy /roadmap - including;
- 'Stop, start and continue' plan (short-term)
- Strategic plan for career frameworks and succession planning, linked to vision, values, behaviours and reward (mid to long-term)
- Lead on a TOM (target operating model) review - to ensure the right people are in the right structures, with the right skills, and the right systems
- Lead on the design and delivery of a new management and leadership development programmes
- Review and develop the existing apprenticeship and graduate development programmes - including an analysis of the business' apprenticeship levy
- Review and overhaul LMS / Lead on the LMS implementation - which will include process development, testing, launch and system training (design and delivery)
- Be a key member of the HRIS implementation team - which will include process development, testing, launch and system training (design and delivery)
- Design and deliver a new EVP (employer brand proposition) linked to the talent management strategy
- Lead and support the HR team to deliver on BAU activities and to continue to deliver key projects / activities; policy and process development / modernisation, annual pay & performance reviews, T&C's harmonisation etc.
- Lead on managing the Trade Union relationship
This role is based at the Oldham site, with a view to undertake ad-hoc travel to the other UK site, and to mainland Europe.
To be considered for this HR & Talent Manager role, you will have proven experience within a senior / leadership generalist capacity, which has supported businesses in achieving their strategic goals within a commercially driven and entrepreneurial environment - and have passion and proven experience of landing projects across the entire HR spectrum, demonstrating ROI.
Your key skills will sit in building and maintaining solid relationships with even the most challenging of customers, with an ability to influence with data and narrative.
You will have a proven strategic toolkit across the entire Talent spectrum (talent acquisition, talent management, and talent development).
You will have experience of working within a business with a diverse customer group, and ideally with a strong customer-centric focus - such as manufacturing, FMCG, engineering etc.
This role offers a salary of £55,000 to £65,000 (dependent on experience), plus a performance related bonus and benefits.