Michael Page has been retained to recruit a People Director to lead a People function for a business that is going through a period of growth. This is a first-time appointment in the People team.
My client is an international high growth and entrepreneurial technology consultancy business that provides solutions to an international customer base.
This business is described as customer-centric, innovative, collaborative and qualitative in its approach.
Its consultancy offering and approach is the future of technology.
My client is a high growth and entrepreneurial that is primed for the next chapter, therefore there is a need to drive the key initiatives on the People roadmap.
The Chief Executive Officer is looking to continue to develop an environment that promotes collaboration with teams, a customer-centric approach and a place that really is a place you love to work!
Reporting into the CEO, you will be a true business partner to the SLT (with particular partnerships with the Founders, CFO and Sales Director) whilst leading the People function. Given where my client is in their journey, they seek someone with an astute toolkit and passion for all things…
- Recruitment & Selection
- Talent management and development
- Employee engagement
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Total reward
- HR Compliance
Key focuses for the People function in the near to mid future;
- Doubling headcount in the next 12 months
- Developing a strategic focus on attracting the best talent in the market, particularly for the Technology business area
- Creating and implementing a robust reward and recognition strategy
- Developing a robust people development strategy
- Working closely with the ELT and SLT to create a target operating model
- Enhancing the Diversity & Inclusion strategy and proposition
You will be given full autonomy to build and structure a team to deliver a people strategy.
Your main base will be in Manchester, although you will need to undertake ad-hoc travel to other offices in North America and the Middle East.
This is a strategic role that will also require you to roll your sleeves up!
To be considered for this People Director role, you will have proven experience within a HR leadership role (Head of HR / Snr HR Business Partner) that has supported businesses in achieving their strategic goals; ideally within a commercially driven and entrepreneurial environment.
You will have proven experience in partnering with a Technology function - particularly with a focus on attracting and developing talent, and organisational design.
You will possess an astute HR toolkit that supports a business to succeed financially and culturally. You will also have a true interest, passion and proven experience of landing projects across the entire HR spectrum - including digitalisation.
You will have experience partnering within a Technology / SaaS / PaaS / Digital business area and matrix organisation.
You will also be;
- Open minded, transparent, apolitical, non-corporate - this is absolutely key and critical to fit with their culture. This does not mean that the successful candidate cannot come from a corporate, they just need to have a non-corporate approach
- Growth oriented, dynamic, comfortable with a succeed or fail fast approach
- Intelligent, capable of strategic, forward and lateral thinking. The role / challenge may suit someone willing to explore the unorthodox
- A natural, energetic, optimistic and engaging leader (of the People function) as well a team-player, as this individual will be a central part of the senior leadership team
- Given the war will be even fiercer fought for tech / digital talent, it is key that we find an individual with a strong understanding of the millennial mindset
- Experience of working in a Technology / SaaS / PaaS / Digital business
- Experience of partnering with a Technology function
- Experience of leading a People / HR team
- Experience of driving strategic Talent, OD and Engagement initiatives, which show clear ROI
This role will also pay £80,000 per annum (dependent on experience), performance related bonus and benefits.