Employee Relations Advisers
Location: Flexible in UK - Work from Home / Hybrid
Salary: £28,420.00 - £34,637.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave
Our HR team is expanding, and we are adding additional capacity.
We require three experienced Employee Relations Advisers to join our established HR team:
- One will be a permanent, part-time generalist role at 27 hours per week,
- One will be an 18-month fixed-term, full-time role dedicated to our Face-to-Face Membership Recruitment Teams; and
- One will be a permanent, full-time generalist role.
This is a chance to practice your HR skills in a dynamic and agile environment, which has embraced flexible and hybrid working. You will also have the satisfaction of knowing your work is contributing to making a world richer in nature for future generations.
These roles would suit someone with experience of supporting and influencing line managers through formal HR processes, matched with the ability to arrive at options for solutions. The fixed-term postholder would particularly benefit from having experience in working with line managers to train and upskill them.
The roles will include:
- Providing advice and support to line managers on a wide range of employee relations issues, such as disciplinaries, grievances, appeals, absence and performance management.
- Working collaboratively with the wider HR team, including our Business Partners, Learning Team, HR Hub, plus Finance and EDI, to ensure best practice levels of information and knowledge sharing, delivery of a seamless integrated service and co-creation of solutions.
- Providing support to the Head of HR Operations and the HR Operations Manager.
- Developing productive working relationships with Divisional/Directorate managers providing robust advice and support on all aspects of employee relations in line with policies and procedures, employment law and best practice.
- Supporting Divisional/Directorate managers to ensure that complex employee relations casework is progressed effectively and promptly, taking into account the needs of the individual and the organisation.
- Producing and updating HR policies and working collaboratively with the learning team to produce line manager training and supporting documents.
What you will bring to the role:
- CIPD Qualification to Level 5 or be working towards it.
- The skills to communicate with employees and line managers of all levels on complex and sensitive information with tact and diplomacy.
- The passion and energy to pro-actively keep up to date with changes in employment law and legislation, being prepared to discuss the implications of developing caselaw for the organisation.
- The ability to work with managers to upskill them and build their confidence in HR situations.
- The ability to work without constant supervision.
- Emotional intelligence to be able to adapt your approach according to the situation
- The skill to contribute fully and robustly to debates but to be able to ultimately support the corporate or team position should this be different from your own.
- The ability to read a situation and build rapport at all levels with stakeholders.
- Impressive verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft office programmes to intermediate level. Ability to analyse and interpret data.
Please indicate on the application form which role/s you are interested in applying for.
Closing Date: 6th February 2023.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 20th February 2023
Please note that we are actively recruiting for this role and reserve the right to close the advert once sufficient applications have been received.
RSPB has a full benefits package we offer flexible working practices as well as remote working. This role is eligible for UK Sponsorship.
This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
For further information please contact Andrew Dickerson at firstname.lastname@example.org