HYBRID HR ADVISOR ROLE - BURTON
Your new company
National Logistics organisation
Your new role
- Supporting and advising a Transport Network of 9 Delivery Centres across the UK.
- Managing and developing a People Assistant.
- Training and coaching the management team, providing them with ongoing support, employment law advice and best practice advice on a daily basis.
- Manage an employee relations caseload efficiently and effectively, maintaining consistency across the network.
- Leading the engagement plan and supporting activities throughout the year.
- Monitoring absence and case work for long term sick colleagues, engaging with welfare meetings and occupational health where required.
- Engaging with on-site union representatives, supporting in meetings and helping to maintain the relationship.
- Collate management reports for the People Manager, including analysis of labour turnover, absence rates etc
- Support recruitment and onboarding activities with the help of the People Assistants
- Supporting in the creation and delivery of the People Plan for the year.
- Supporting Payroll Controller to ensure the accurate and timely administration of the monthly payroll and annual pay reviews.
- Engaging with reward team to regularly review our benefits package and benchmarking.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience of providing employment law and best practice advice on complex ER cases
- Ability to work flexibly, providing occasional cover across shift patterns
- Experience of complex absence management
- Ideally in possession of, or working towards, CIPD Level 5 or above.
- Previous experience in a distribution environment is an advantage
- Previous experience working with unions is an advantage
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary + company car
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (with the option to buy more)
- Hybrid working and flexible hours
- 20% discount
- Amazing training opportunities, supporting your career development and progression
- Share incentive plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Online discount platform and much more!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.