As a Barclays Reporting Manager – Storytelling, you will join our People Analytics and Culture team, managing the production of documents and data, ensuring consistent, professional, and efficient outputs. This is a great opportunity to join a knowledgeable team, where you will be developing new materials and designs for stakeholders to utilise proactively. You will be an expert storyteller, taking detailed narrative and transforming it, to make it easier to understand for stakeholders using data visualisation.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Working in partnership with the Leadership Team (LT) and HR colleagues to deliver high quality papers for Group ExCo, the Board and key external bodies
• Creating and owning standard templates acting as a central production facility and quality control for all papers
• Managing the sign off process of all HR data elements and content included in relevant papers with People Analytics and Culture (PA&C)
• Leading the upskill of storytelling capability across the team
• Building trust through credible use of facts, data and creatively resolving problems and issues at pace
• Analysing problems prior to decision making, committing to a course of action after identifying and assessing alternatives based on assumptions
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification
• Proven experience in producing high quality materials on a wide range of topics, and being able to draw insights and construct a compelling narrative for very senior audiences
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to interact and work closely with senior business heads and other key partners
• Advanced PowerPoint skills, experienced in creating high-quality papers and in delivering practical solutions even when facing complex problems
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Relevant experience in HR with good exposure to HR service delivery would be ideal
• Previously worked in a Consulting based environment is preferred
• Exposure to working in a Shared Services/ Operational environment would help you thrive into this role
• Previous graphic design work is advantageous
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.