Building & Facilities Category Buyer
- Hays Human Resources
- City of London, England
- Closing date
- 8 Feb 2023
- Not for Profit/Charity
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Workforce Planning
Building & Facilities Category Buyer- Salary of up to £48,554 -12 Month Fixed Term Contract - Hybrid Working
Your new company
A charity based in London is on the lookout for a Building & Facilities Category Buyer for a 12 month contract, this candidate will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors.
Your new role
- Manage end to end sourcing activity including the development of sourcing strategies and approaches, running tenders, negotiation and implementing contracts for use by stakeholders.
- Undertake the creation and marketing of category plans and identify where corrective action is needed to ensure procurement issues are managed effectively.
- Provide best practice procurement advise and end to end sourcing project management for stakeholders.
- Manage supply market and supplier research activity to help support the development of strategic plans and market appraisal.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong experience working successfully in a similar job role within a large and complex organisation.
- Experience of being a sourcing expert, including running tenders and drafting contracts for a variety of different goods and services across the category.
- Strong experience in effective project planning, delivery and management.
- Be able to effectively manage a diverse range of stakeholders.
- The ability to produce high quality written reports.
What you'll get in return
- Support Schemes- such as fully trained counsellor's 24/7/ life management schemes
- Health care plans such as visiting the dentist, buying new glasses, prescription charges etc
- Banking service to help with amenities such as personal loans, mortgages etc.
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Medical insurance & life assurance
- Travel Loans
- Discounted Insurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert