The post holder will work closely with the Deputy Head of HR Operations in taking forward and ensuring timely administration of reward and benefits processes liaising with stakeholders including external providers.
The key responsibilities of the Reward and Benefits Adviser in Egham will be:
- To provide advice and administrative HR support to members of the Academic and Staffing Titles Committee and its sub groups in helping to manage the processes under its remit including academic promotion, professorial banding, sabbatical leave, academic probation, honorary appointments.
- Working closely with the Deputy Head of HR Operations to undertake job evaluation and to provide advice and administrative support to the College's job evaluation scheme (HERA) to ensure that the process is managed in a timely and effective manner.
- To provide advice and administrative HR to the College's performance and recognition awards ensuring these are managed in a timely and professional manner
- Working with the Deputy Head of HR Operations to provide advice and administrative HR support on market supplement issues undertaking research such as bench marking as applicable
- Administer the College nursery provision and salary sacrifice scheme liaising with the Nursery, Payroll and users of the nursery as applicable to ensure correct payment and provision of services
- To administer the College's bike to work scheme
- To administer the other College benefits offering
- Working with the Deputy Head of HR Operations to promote and develop the range of benefits offerings available to College staff ensuring maximum take up
- Working with the Deputy Head of HR Operations to ensure that the College's Reward policies and processes meet statutory and good practice requirements
- As directed by and working with the Deputy Head of HR Operations to produce policies and procedures relevant to the role
- To use a range of IT systems to ensure the delivery of a timely and effective service i.e. an HR and Payroll System, online recruitment system and finance system for the processing of relocation claims.
- To source and manipulate a range of management information to inform decisions around reward and benefits from a range of internal and external sources
- Working with HR colleagues to produce a range of data and input into the production of reward related equality data and gender pay gap reporting requirements
- To build strong working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to allow for successful completion of the role
- As advised by the Deputy or Head of HR Operations to input into the production of reports for College Committees i.e. Remuneration Committee
- To work proactively as a member of the HR Operations Team providing cover where necessary and working with the HR Officers, HR Advisers and Head of HR Operations to seek improvements to service delivery.
- To undertake other duties and projects as directed
The successful Reward and Benefits Adviser in Egham will have:
- Knowledge/ experience with Rewards and Benefits - Desirable
- Confidence dealing with senior managers and stakeholders
- Experience of successfully designing and writing HR processes and policies
- First degree or equivalent experience
- CIPD qualified to level 5 or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the higher education sector.
- Good working knowledge of key employment legislation and its application
- Close attention to detail and ability to maintain work of a high standard
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good analytical and IT skills - Excel
- Significant demonstrable experience of successfully working in a full HR function providing advice and administrative support
On offer for the successful Reward and Benefits Adviser in Egham will be:
- Salary up to £36,000
- Monday to Friday 9-5 (35 hours a week)
- Hybrid working - 2 days office/ 3 from home (flexibility needed to change days)
- 20 days annual leave + 8 BH + 6 discretionary days between Christmas and New Year
- Pension Scheme
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Discount for staff
- Employee Assistance Programme