I am currently working with a small charity who are looking to hire a HR Advisor on a 12-14 fixed term contract to cover a period of maternity in the team.
The HR Advisor will support on duties including attraction, recruitment, development and staff retention. You will have responsibility for a wide range of activities including maintaining accurate data in the HRIS, producing HR paperwork, supporting key projects in the annual HR lifecycle, running critical HR reports and supporting on specific employee issues.
Duties will include:
- Providing first-line advice to employees on general HR policies and queries and escalating complex issues to the HR Business Partner
- Ensure contractual changes are captured in the payroll database and appropriate letters are issued.
- Responsible for the collation, and preparation of payroll and pension information
- Advertise new vacancies and manage applicants.
- Coordination of interviews and assessments and acting as panel members when required.
- Process all employment contracts and new starter documentation.
- Undertake onboarding activities including HR inductions and coordination of group inductions for new employees.
- Undertake HR inductions.
- Support managers in conducting probation reviews.
- Complete absence reporting and analysis ensuring appropriate data is provided to allow business decisions to be made.
- Provide comprehensive, informed advice to staff in relation to HR queries relating to maternity, paternity, shared parental leave, holiday entitlement, terms and conditions of employment.
- Support the management of the appraisal framework.
- Book and manage online training for staff.
- Monitor and update employee records including starters, leavers, internal transfers, and changes to compensation and benefits.
- Conduct exit interviews and exit analysis.
- Relevant HR qualification
- Experience working in a small HR team.
- Experience in a full generalist role
- At least 3 years UK based HR experience.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.