The Head of People Operations will be a key leader within the Leadership Team and fundamental to the implementation of a new 5-year strategy. Responsible for delivering on an ambitious people delivery plan and leading key projects.
My client is a highly recognised and one of the oldest, most established in the UK having pioneered specialist support for over 200 years.
The Head of People Operations will be joining at an exciting time as they launch their new five-year strategy working towards a 'people first' culture putting people at the heart of the charity and being the driving force for change.
Reporting to the Director of People the Head of People Operations will lead a team of People Partners, Internal Communications and the People Support Team to ensure practices continually evolve to reflect a fast paced environment, ensuring processes continually improve. Responsibilities include:
- Lead, inspire, coach, and develop team members, ensuring high levels of performance.
- Lead on key projects to ensure the 2027 Strategy and the People Delivery Plan are successfully delivered.
- Continuously improve colleague experience through simplification of processes and policies.
- Collaborate, coach, and build relationships with stakeholders across the Charity with a focus on the Leadership Team.
- Support on a wide range of ER related matters providing expert advice whilst coaching management.
- Lead on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion projects that align to the Inclusion Strategy.
- Manage the People Operations budgets effectively, including identifying and delivering realistic cost-improved plans.
Key attributes for the successful Head of People Operations:
- Extensive knowledge of HR and a broad understanding of Organisational Development disciplines and up to the minute best practice
- MCIPD or equivalent level of experience
- Proven and demonstrable experience of successful delivery in a senior people leadership role
- Experience of managing growth and TUPE
- Experience of managing organisational wide complex projects from start to completion
- Able to manage budgets and generate cost savings where appropriate
- Experience of working with HR systems and maximising their potential
- Championing and implementing equity, diversity and Inclusion strategies throughout the organisation
The successful Head of People Operations will receive a comprehensive benefits package including pension, life assurance and 25 days holiday.
Almost 100% remote working with the need to be in the office at least once a month and visit various office locations in the South on an ad hoc basis to meet business needs.