Senior HR Advisor
- Page Personnel
- Stoke-on-Trent, England
- £35000 - £42000 per annum
- Closing date
- 23 Feb 2023
- Engineering & Manufacturing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
You will be responsible for advising management on all aspects of HR, training and development, recruitment and employment legislation whilst supporting the HR Manager and administering a range of HR processes in the UK and continental Europe.
Our client is a Caterpillar company, supplying comprehensive rolling stock and infrastructure solutions for the global rail industry and set the standard for excellence.
- Advise and coach line managers on the management of discipline, grievance, absence and performance issues and act as HR attendee in such meetings.
- Assist in ensuring Equal Opportunities are actively promoted within all aspects of employment.
- Deal with HR aspects of employee health issues including occupational health and surveillance.
- Take a leading role in the recruitment activity, ensuring a smooth and effective recruitment process is applied in line with legal and Company guidelines: monitor recruitment needs, seek authorisation for vacancies, filter and shortlist applications, liaise with recruitment agencies, advise on interview questions & support with candidate selection.
- Support HR manager in identifying the most appropriate talent attraction techniques.
- Enhance managerial competencies by designing and delivering fit-for-purpose training materials.
- Assist in the identification and provision of training and development needs, including refresher training, with input to the Company training plan.
- Assist in employee engagement projects and ongoing initiatives.
- Prepare various HR reports, KPI's and other statistics as required.
- Undertake timely and effective administration of HR, payroll & training documentation.
- Support the on-going review of HR processes and policies.
- Assist in the processing of payroll for the UK and EU.
- Travel to other sites within the UK and abroad when necessary.
- To comply with and promote Company Health and Safety policies and take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and functional employees.
- Experience of working in a business environment.
- CIPD qualified or similar.
- Solid theoretical and practical knowledge of UK employment law.
- Track record of successfully working at a HR advisor level.
- Excellent interpersonal & influencing skills.
- Track record of coaching managers on employee relation matters.
- 25 days plus bank holidays.
- 5% employer pension contribution.
- L&D opportunities.
Whether you’re looking to take your first step on the HR career ladder, or you’re seeking a fresh challenge in a new HR job - we’re here to help. Our specialist consultants know the HR market inside out and can help you to find the right role for your specific skills and requirements.
Here are just some of the job areas we specialise in:
- HR administrators
- HR officers
- HR assistants
- Payroll administrators
- HR advisors
- Learning & Development assistants
- Training administrators
- Organisational Development assistants
- Recruitment assistants
We recruit permanent, temporary and contract HR jobs.
If you’re looking for a new position or are thinking of changing jobs, here are some reasons to choose Page Personnel Human Resources:
- Dedicated, specialist consultants with strong industry knowledge
- The expertise and resources of our extensive global network
- A consultative approach to creating a successful placement
- Advice and support at every step of your job search
01932 264 154
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert