HR Administrators 1 x Full Time / 1 x Part Time
- Hays Human Resources
- Portsmouth, England
- £24285.00 - £26000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 23 Feb 2023
- Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- HR Administrator
Were seeking 2 x HR Administrator posts... 1 Full time & 1 Part time 18 hours
We are seeking 2 experienced HR Administrators to join a busy large team on an initial fixed term contract basis in Portsmouth, Hampshire.
1 x Full Time 37 hours
1 x Part Time 18 hours
You will be working as part of a busy HR service centre team providing a full HR Administration service coving a variety of functions. This will include supporting on recruitment, contracts, changes to employment, family-friendly changes, and leavers and responds to queries received via phone or email. It will also signpost staff to the most appropriate area of HR if the query cannot be answered with first-line support.
Your roles will provide HR Administration support across
- Contracts and variations of employment:
- UKVI Requirements
- First line HR Advice/guidance on HR matters
We are seeking experienced HR Administrators who have a background of working as part of an HR team ideally in a large scale environment but not essential.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR practices and procedures
- Up to date knowledge & understanding of employment legislation
- Knowledge of general administrative processes
- Experience of working in a busy HR environment providing generalist advice at operational level
- Experience of HR administrative work and using web based HR systems
- Experience of extracting information from HR management information systems
- Knowledge and understanding of the responsibilities of data users from the Data Protection Act
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal with a wide range of people; ability to explain procedures and concepts to non-specialists; evidence of a tactful and diplomatic approach when dealing with difficult situations
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail, including ability to check and proof read own and others' work
- Ability to evidence a methodical approach to work and evidence of ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Ability to evaluate when judgements can be made and when matters need to be referred to other colleagues
- Ability and willingness to work in a team and to cover other team members' duties when required
- Ability to empathise with staff and public in a variety of situations
- Resourceful and able to use own initiative
- Ability to gather, synthesise and summarise information from a variety of sources to inform decision-making
- Use of Content Management System to develop and maintain web pages
- Training and presentation skills, including the ability to provide one to one training on an informal basis Education &/or Training 5 GCSEs or equivalent including English and Mathematics (Grade A- C) or equivalent
- Certificate in HR Practice / Level 3
1 x Full time - 37 hours per week - FTC until end of June 2023
1 x Part Time - 18 hours per week - FTC until end of June 2023
Salary - £24000-25000
Hours of work are 8.30 - 17:15 Monday to Thursday and 8.30 - 16:15 Fridays.
The role is office based in Portsmouth.
The team do work from home once a week but would need new starters on site for training.
From 01 March, parking charges on site will be in place and permits are considered for those who live more than 2 miles away.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert