Head of HR
- Oakleaf Partnership
- Hampshire, England
- Up to £1 per annum
- Closing date
- 24 Feb 2023
- Recruitment Consultancy
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- HR Generalist
We are supporting a recruitment agency based in Portsmouth in the search for their next Head of HR. It's an exciting opportunity to be part of a lovely HR team in a Portsmouth based role. This will be on a permanent full time position and office based with a 1-day working from home option.
This is a rare opportunity to own the entire HR function and report to the board with complete autonomy and really make an impact on a HR offering, in an autonomous and highly visible senior role with 4 direct reports.
The business is only 13 years old and c140 staff strong, this boutique Recruitment Agency is embarking on a period of significant growth.
Far from corporate and based in Portsmouth, it's a lively place to work with a lot of charity events, runners club (with 40% attendance at least once per week) and as such they require a Head of People who can join the leadership team, make an impact, command respect, and push the business forwards with exceptional processes and procedures.
The company need a real 'do-er' in this role, someone who is naturally proactive and can spot actions/improvements without direction. Work closely with ExCo team, and act as the advisor on all areas of HR such as Recruitment, Talent management, Learning and Development, People Performance and Engagement, Rewards and Recognition.
In this role you'll be required to:
- Build credible and visible relationships across the business and be a trusted advisor to promote good employee experience and relations across the whole organization
- Prepare presentations, analysis (such as compensation benchmarking), ad hoc reports to support business decisions
- Execute standard labour relations issues including restructuring, grievances, disciplinary, exits, under-performance and other key labour relations processes
- Payroll / Benefits / Expense management; on-off boarding process and employment changes
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of local policies, processes, internal repository
About the candidate:
- Minimum of 5 years' HR advisory experience preferably in UK-based insurance/reinsurance SME
- Extensive UK employment law knowledge and ability to apply this practically and pragmatically
- Strong communication skills and capability to handle ambiguity
- First experience in Management preferred, but not a must
- Confident with MS SharePoint and MS work environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team
In return you'll be offered:
- A competitive salary
- Benefits including:
- 12:30 pm Friday finish
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- 23 days annual leave
- 1st child First day of school off
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Employee wellbeing (2.5 hours off each quarter)
- And many more!
For more information please contact me at email@example.com
Oakleaf Partnership is the UK’s largest independent HR recruitment consultancy. Founded in 2005, we have built enduring relationships with HR functions across every sector; thanks in part to our expertise, but also our collaborative approach. We listen. We share our insights. We take the time to truly understand the culture of an organisation – the person behind a CV.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert