- Hays Human Resources
- Sheffield, England
- £20000.00 - £26000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 7 Feb 2023
- Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- HR Administrator
HR Assistant - Sheffield - £22,000- £24,050 DOE - Flexible Working Options
Your new role
A public sector organisation are looking for a HR Assistant to join their HR department working within a team of 4 other Assistants and reporting into the HR Officer. This is an excellent opportunity for a HR professional to gain experience of the day to day transactional aspects of a HR function.
You and the team will provide an essential transaction service that supports the whole business. This will include processing appointments, leavers, pay changes, note taking during meetings and complex ER cases, and contract changes.
You will have the opportunity to provide a first point of contact advisor service to employees and managers so you should maintain up to date knowledge of policies and procedures that relate to transactional activity such as maternity, paternity and sickness.
Other areas will include:
- Maintaining both manual and systemised transaction processes, ensuring the accurate recording of personal and employment information
- Support the HR Manager in the provision of a high quality, effective and efficient customer-focused transactional people service for all employees and stakeholders
- Support and assist in the delivery of HR projects in the delivery of the people function's strategic and operational objectives.
- Carry out leave calculations in line with policies
What you'll need to succeed
This role would be suited to someone with excellent administration skills and knowledge of working with HR systems.
The is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to process in there HR career.
What you'll get in return
- Monday - Friday (37 hours)
- Flexible working options
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- 27 days + bank holidays
- Free on site gym
- Enhanced maternity and paternity schemes
- Opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert