Learning and Development Manager
- Crown Estate Scotland
- Closing date
- 12 Feb 2023
- Professional Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Learning & Development
Crown Estate Scotland has an exciting opportunity for a Learning and Development Manager. This is a great opportunity for an experienced L&D professional to shape our future approach to L&D, OD and Workforce Planning.
This is a new role which has been created to expand the internal capacity in our established People Team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to inform the development of our Strategic approach to Learning and Development and contribute to building a strong learning culture within CES.
This is a standalone L&D role within our People Team, reporting into the Head of People. You will act as our trusted expert in relation to Learning and Development, and partner with all levels of the organisation including our Executive Team to ensure a collaborative and inclusive approach to learning.
By joining the Crown Estate Scotland team, you’ll be surrounded by dedicated and talented individuals who are passionate about what they do.
We manage property – including buildings, land, coastline, and seabed – on behalf of people of Scotland. Our purpose is to invest in property, natural resources, and people to generate lasting value for Scotland. Our profits go to Scottish public spending.
We work in a way that:
• Generates prosperity and value for all of Scotland;
• Supports the growth of sustainable business and industry in Scottish seas and on the coast;
• Makes places better for those who live, work and visit there;
• Promotes sustainable ways of producing energy, food, and other products; and
• Creates opportunities for people to use and benefit from the Scottish Crown Estate.
Our values of Integrity, Excellence, Collaboration and Commercialism help us to put our purpose into practice. They shape how we work, underpin our actions, and help to make Crown Estate Scotland a great place to work.
About the role
The successful candidate for this new role will work on an exciting range of activities including leading:
- The creation and delivery of a strategic approach to learning and development which contributes to the development of our employees and achievement of our corporate outcomes
- Development and implementation of a new competency framework across the business, ensuring our people have access to the development opportunities they need to thrive in their roles
- Design of management and leadership development programmes which equip our current and future leaders with the skills they need to lead with purpose and ensure delivery of our corporate plan
- Develop a data-driven, outcomes-based approach to learning and development and performance measurement.
The contractual working location of this role is our central Edinburgh office. We believe work is something you do, not a place you go to, and we are committed to supporting employees to work flexibly and in a way that suits their role and preferences. Our Hybrid Working policy supports our commitment to this.
The starting salary will be £50,938 with potential for future progression and annual cost of living rises. The maximum salary for this role is currently £62,154. The role also benefits from 25 days’ annual leave, increasing to 30 days after four years’ service, plus 11.5 of public / privilege days. Crown Estate Scotland operates a discretionary flexi-time scheme.
We offer excellent family friendly policies including 27 weeks occupational maternity pay, 3 weeks paternity pay and enhanced shared parental leave pay. We are open to flexible working and are happy to discuss this with applicants.
This role offers participation in the Civil Service pension scheme or the L&G Partnership scheme. Contribution levels for the Civil Service scheme are currently 7.35% employee contribution at the entry salary for this role whilst Crown Estate Scotland contribution levels are 27.9%.
At Crown Estate Scotland we believe that continuous learning and development helps us to do our best in work and build professional skills and expertise. We offer a range of training opportunities delivered by external training providers and in-house experts and provide all employees with access to LinkedIn Learning.
We also support individuals to pay professional membership fees relevant to their roles and aim to support additional study and learning requests wherever possible. As well as helping you to develop professionally, we also support your personal development through our ‘Wellbeing Matters’ programme with its focus on four important pillars of wellbeing – physical, emotional, social, and financial.
Candidates for this role should have:
- Degree in Learning and Development or extensive experience in this area of specialism which provides equivalent levels of understanding of theory and application
- A demonstrable commitment to CPD in Learning and Development
- Experience in designing and implementing organisational-wide development strategies
- Experience in designing and utilising L&D metrics to inform an evidence based approach
- Experience in working closely with senior Leaders and staff to ensure a collaborative approach
Crown Estate Scotland is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we encourage applications from people from all backgrounds. We want to ensure every candidate has a positive experience and can most effectively demonstrate their suitability for the role they are applying for. Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to help you in your application or with our recruitment and selection process.
We welcome requests to work on a job share basis.
Closing date: Friday 12 February 2023.
Crown Estate Scotland
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert