- Hays Human Resources
- Greenford, England
- £50000.00 - £53000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
- Distribution & Logistics
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- HR Manager
Industry leader seeking people focused HR Manager to join their team.
Your new role
My client are looking for an HR Manager to join their Customer Fulfilment Centre and Shared user operation based in Greenford. Reporting to the sector Head of People, you will have a strong generalist HR focus and experience in empowering and developing managers with their HR skills and knowledge.
- Be responsible for interpreting and delivering our group people strategy on site.
- A key contributor to the site engagement agenda and activity.
- Drive our local diversity, inclusion and wellbeing agenda.
- Take responsibility for providing advice and generalist HR support across the contracts.
- Develop effective on-going relationships at all levels establishing yourself as a credible, respected and valued manager, responding to queries directly and influencing managers to follow a best practice approach.
- Assist departmental managers on the interpretation of company policies and procedures as well as local agreements.
- Lead and Develop the People Team which consists of two People Advisors and a People Assistant.
- Prepare statistical breakdowns including analysis of sickness/absence and holidays.
- Assist in disciplinary / grievance hearings, advising on legislative and company policy and procedures.
- Assist in training and developing managers in people related matters, ensuring processes are followed and legislation is met.
- Contribute towards the improvement of processes and methods of operating practices within the sites.
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and development of the management team.
- Assist with annual pay review/pay claims.
- Support recruitment activity ensuring compliance to internal policies and selection of the most suitable candidates.
What you'll need to succeed
Proven HR experience in similar role, experience of Managing an Advisory People Team, experience of supporting managers with complex employee relations issues, CIPD Level 5 qualified or qualified by experience, Strong communication skills and a natural ability to build relationships quickly.
What you'll get in return
My client really values their people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking + much more.
Their people are at the core of their business and that's why they also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
This role is 5 days a week onsite. Working hours are 9am - 5pm, but can be flexible i.e. 8am - 4pm.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert