- Hays Human Resources
- Northampton, England
- Closing date
- 7 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- HR (General)
HR Advisor Role based in Northampton
Your new company
This award-winning company is a provider of products and services to schools and educational settings within and outside Hertfordshire. They believe that every young person, through access to a great education, should be able to realise their potential, regardless of where they live or their circumstances. They focus on supporting the schools they work with to achieve successful long-term outcomes for their children.
They are a friendly, diverse team split between the two main service areas of HR and Recruitment. Their HR Services team provide a range of services to schools, settings and trusts to support delivery of operational needs and strategic objectives and customers
Your new role
Due to team growth, this business are seeking to recruit HR Advisors to join the company.
The HR Advisory role sits in a team of experienced HR practitioners and provide an effective advisory service to customers. No two days are the same in this team and you will support Head teachers, Governors and Educational Leaders in managing HR issues from one off advice through to more complex casework.
The role will have an Employee Relations focus, but you will be involved with supporting HR matters across the full range of the employee life cycle including, but not limited to, restructure, pay and reward, disciplinary, grievance, restructure and more.
The role holder will:
* Provide HR advice and support customers on the practical application of HR policies, procedures and employment legislation.
* Ensuring that cases and queries are dealt with in a timely manner and with a pragmatic and solution approach
* Support a personal case load through to resolution, minimising exposure where possible to employment tribunals.
* Work with Senior HR Advisors and HR Managers on more complex queries and cases.
* Maintain HR Case management tracking system.
* Providing advice on restructuring and redundancy and the TUPE process for affected schools and education settings where required.
* Work with the specialist HR and Recruitment teams to support deliver of HR products and services.
* Balance a commercial mindset with a not-for-profit ethos and our organisational moral purpose.
* Support the HR Hub team through creation and curation of resources, guidance, templates, and multi-media content.
* Keep abreast of sector trends, national policy changes, HR and employment law developments to inform practice and services within the team
What you'll need to succeed
* Educated to degree level or has equivalent experience.
* Holds a CIPD Qualification at level 3 or above, is in the process of gaining accreditation, or has equivalent experience.
* Willing and able to undertake a professional study for the above qualifications if unqualified but experienced.
* Holds a CIPD Qualification at level 5 or above, is in the process of gaining accreditation, or has equivalent experience.
* Good knowledge of UK employment law.
* Knowledge of HR best practice.
* Knowledge of the education sector.
* Education sector employment law.
* Knowledge of the drivers of academies and trusts, or ability to come up to speed quickly in these areas, would also be an advantage.
* Knowledge of the employment life cycle and the impact and benefit of HR and people management at all stages.
What you'll get in return
- Working for a friendly and diverse team.
- The opportunity of Hybrid working (3 Days Home working, 2 Days in Office).
- 37 hours per week Working.
- 52 weeks per year or Term Time Only + 2 weeks (40 weeks per year)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert