Digital Copywriter and Content Manager
- Closing date
- 7 Mar 2023
- Accountancy Banking, Finance & Insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- HR Systems
Digital Copywriter and Content Manager
As a Barclays Digital Copywriter and Content Manager, you will focus on assisting the delivery of a multi-year project that’s simplifying online content for colleagues. You will be working with a team of in-house copywriters and content managers and our partner agency to write, edit and build exceptional content to engage and inform colleagues in over 30 countries.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Developing outstanding quality content for colleagues and managers published on our global hub
• Delivering project and BAU tasks, working with copywriters, content managers, designers and stakeholders
• Creating and updating content in AEM (Adobe Experience Manager)
• Assisting with the development of global content guidelines, consistently using a user-friendly tone of voice
• Quality assurance and editing content written by fellow copywriters
• Simplifying the complex, using credible language and insight to create seamless user journeys
• Providing reasoned, open feedback and respond positively to feedback from stakeholders
• Reviewing and assessing content requests and existing content from a colleague usability perspective
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent writing skills, preferably across different industries
• Excellent focus and attention to detail, including the ability to review your own and peers' work
• The ability to act speedily, decisively and flexibly, using sound judgment to deliver engaging content with pace and precision
• Collaborative and great communicator comfortable following processes and working in a creative team
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Solid copy editing and writing skills, with an excellent grasp of English language and eye for grammar
• Extensive copywriting experience in a commercial setting across any industry, but preferably finance
• Advanced Content Management Systems (CMS) experience, preferably Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
• Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert