- Hays Human Resources
- City of London, England
- Bonus, hybrid, negotiable
- Closing date
- 21 Mar 2023
- Accountancy Banking, Finance & Insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Compensation & Benefits
Your new company
One of the world's leading insurance firms, with a headcount of over 40,000 worldwide. The business is comprised of numerous divisions across all lines of insurance. It prides itself on risk management, financial stability, and attentive client care.
Your new role
The Reward Manager coordinates reward strategy, projects and initiatives for the UK businesses. This role has direct operational accountability for the efficient, timely, and accurate provision of remuneration, management reporting, HR policy compliance, and payroll services to the UK businesses.
- Manage, review and optimise as necessary all pay, benefits, wellbeing and tax matters, and ensure all key processes are documented and adhered to.
- Set the strategic direction for the annual compensation cycle (setting budget, approach to benchmarking, agreeing guiding principles).
- Provide expert advice and guidance to employees on all elements of compensation and benefits including pay, benefits and short and long term incentive schemes.
- Develop, implement, and manage benefit and wellbeing policies and procedures, managing the day-to-day administration and staff communications.
- Liaise with other business divisions within the UK and Ireland region and act as primary employer for the group on shared benefits, such as life assurance.
- Quality control the operational activities of pension and benefit provision and contribute to their development; also ensuring robust vendor management of outsourced reward provision.
- Provide administrative support to the Pension Governance Committee taking responsibility for actions arising such as promoting pension engagement.
- Support the Head of HR, through appropriate coordination and analysis, in the HR planning and budgeting process and ongoing management of the HR budget.
- Work together with the global HR Centres of Competence to administer international assignments and ensure, together with the external advisor and the payroll functions, that all tax matters regarding secondments are dealt with correctly and consistently.
- Ensure full and effective implementation of all internal standards e.g. HR Policy, Group Norms, Group Compensation Policy, board of management decisions, Global HR Governance Principles, Authority Levels etc.
- Provide necessary governance and oversight, keeping appropriate records and operating within accepted HR standards, processes and activities as required by regulation, local law, market best practice and group policy.
- Technical management of Reward Analyst.
- Support regional Reward activity, ensuring appropriate implementation of Global, Regional and Local Corporate reward strategies as applicable.
- Plus, any additional duties and responsibilities that may reasonably be expected to be undertaken in accordance with the role.
What you'll get in return
- Make an impact in a world-leading firm
- Highly competitive salary and benefits
- Agile, hybrid working policy
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert