Global Mobility Advisor
- Hays Human Resources
- City of London, England
- Bonus, hybrid, negotiable
- Closing date
- 21 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Global Mobility
Your new company
A leading full service global law firm serving working alongside companies, financial institutions and governments worldwide. Operating from more than 40 locations, working in virtually every country of the world, competing at the top of the market. The firm has a global network of offices; with interconnectedness of its people and clients, making for lots of cross-border work.
Your new role
In this role, you will work closely with your colleagues in the People Function to provide advice and support on all aspects of mobility. You will ensure policies, guidelines and best practice relating to the movement of employees are in line with statutory tax, social security and immigration requirements, and are competitive within the international market.
What you'll be doing
Coordination of inbound and outbound assignments for a dedicated business function in line with GM service level agreements and Global Policies International Assignments:
- Take the lead on UK and EU immigration monitoring, administration and advice. This also includes proactively staying up to date on restrictions, challenges and changes to existing processes, advising stakeholders of potential impact on project staffing and implementing alternative solutions as and where required.
- Provide advice to both assignees and business leaders on expatriate policy and the associated costs, understanding the business need and advising accordingly.
- Be responsible for supporting the day-to-day administration related to assignments, including work permit applications, salary payment arrangements, changes to flexible benefits, processing of reimbursements, the allocation of costs to the relevant practice group/overseas office and year-end activities.
- Liaise and advise assignees on all aspects of their international assignment.
- Cross-border Tax: Monitoring employee location presence on international staffing assignments with respect to tax liabilities
- Advising project Partners, employees as well as HR on tax obligations including cost to the firm, guide them through the appropriate process and implement solutions as required.
- Assisting employees through tax filing process with our corporate tax advisor.
- Participate in the team's meetings to continue to updating and improve mobility tools and processes.
- Ensure GM processes are followed, and develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of the technical aspects of the GM role, including tax, immigration and service provider provisions.
- Be responsible for liaising with the Finance department to ensure relevant payments are made.
- Manage relationships with third parties who provide services to assignees, such as: relocation specialists, housing vendors/brokers, tax consultants, language tuition, etc.
- Liaise with vendors to coordinate and manage White & Case tenancies on behalf of assignees.
- Develop and manage relationships with HR colleagues, assignees and Partners.
- Demonstrates experience and understanding of the requirement to alignment global mobility programs to the Strategy of the Firm.
- Deliver training to new and incumbent mobility, HR and Finance staff in local offices and businesses.
- Actively contribute to weekly Global Mobility operations team calls, bringing forward your cases as applicable for input, learning from others and proactively raising areas for improvement.
- Keep abreast of market trends, cost of living data and best practice to ensure the Firm offers assignees competitive assignment packages.
Client Secondments and Lateral Hires:
- Liaise with Recruitment and HR teams to advise on immigration and work permit issues
- Amend/review client seconded and lateral hire offer letters, in accordance with the Firm's relocation policies and guidelines
- Work with internal departments (Tax, Finance, Payroll, HR etc) to structure deals that are commercially viable, consistent and complaint.
What you will get in return
- Competitive salary, with annual bonus
- Generous benefits package
- Hybrid working
- Lovely London office, featuring complementary employee restaurant at all times of day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert