UK Payroll Director
- Michael Page Human Resources
- Hook, England
- + Bonus + Benefits
- Closing date
- 28 Mar 2023
- Local & National Government, Military & Defence, Not for Profit/Charity, Public Sector, Travel & Transport, Utilities
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
An opportunity to lead a team of 34 and have a resposibility for all UK Payroll operations, processes, compliance and governance across both payroll and pensions activity, as well as being responsible for the travel and expenses function across multiple regions
Serco is a multinational outsourcing company that provides outsourced public services and security services. In the UK, Serco operates across five sectors: Defence, Justice & Immigration, Transport, Health and Citizen Services. . A FTSE 250 company they employ over 50,000 with a UK Headcount of approximately 30,000 and have a revenue of £4.4 Billion.
- The UK Payroll Director will be responsible for the management and development of a team of circa 34 and a budget of circa £1.7m, leading the UK payroll function
- Responsible for the UK Payroll function and managing the end to end payroll services and operations for 26,000 employees, executing 70 separate pay runs each month and paying £700m in total salaries per year.
- Responsible for payroll policy and operating procedures, both in contract / function and central processing
- Responsibility for the Travel and Expenses function, operating system and policy relating to all regions
- Ensure a fit for purpose, accurate and complaint payroll delivery model is in place for the UK, with consideration to effective payroll systems and processes
- Creating and executing a payroll and benefits transformation plan to ensure operational excellence, simplification, compliance controls and a service which represents value for money.
- Embeds a 'customer first' culture which assures the effective delivery of these services, transforming, re-organising as appropriate to drive a genuine service ethos in all communications and outputs.
- Accountable for phone and ticket support for all general and complex payroll queries via SNOW and STORM
- Owns Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for responsible areas; driving a continuous improvement focus and spending time with key customers to ensure that these exceed requirements.
- Continuously monitor SLA/ KPI performance and metrics and take remedial action where required to ensure performance standards are met - responsible for Payroll Services Performance dashboards - internal performance and customer dashboards.
- Key stakeholder and oversight of all UK projects which are payroll impacting
- Responsible for governance of all system interfaces which are payroll impacting
- Develops and maintains the content for People Services for SNOW and MySerco - linking in with HRIS and SWS
- Responsible for Payroll Services LWIs, ensuring these are update to date at all times and fit for purpose
- Support with Middle East Service Review
- Ownership of all Payroll change/improvement projects and transformation
- Lead and build the on-going capability and flexibility of the teams - to enable easy integration of new business
- Ensuring that all elements of the service are focused on ensuring the Company is compliant where required or legislated and that any risk associated with each of the service elements is minimised
- Provide a support service to the business to minimise risk to reduce exposure and potential costs of fines, avoidance of litigation and any reputational damage.
- Supplier management of a number of key partners; ensuring that we have transformation plans in place to deliver an improvement in our ways of working.
- Deliver a new approach within the team in terms of the use of Continuous Improvement training and success implementation
- Responsibility for all payroll governance, compliance, auditing and risk across UK payroll activities.
The Succesful UK Payroll Director candidate wll likely have;
- Extensive Payroll experience
- Experience of leading payroll transformation
- Resource Link experience
- SAP payroll experience
- HR Transformation experience required for continuous improvement.
- Expert knowledge of employment law regulations, including statutory regulations effecting the payroll operation.
- Working knowledge of SAP and ResourceLink
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to develop innovative solutions
- Customer focus with experience in delivering enhancements to customer service
- A commercial and pragmatic approach to providing HR solutions
- Ability to influence at all levels within the organisation including senior stakeholders
The UK Payroll Director will be offered a very competitive salary + STIP/Bonus and the opportunity to have a home working contract with travel across the UK to the Midlands, London and Home Counties..
Michael Page Human Resources is acknowledged as one of the leading recruitment companies for human resources with over 30 years of recruitment expertise and a team of specialist consultants based in offices nationwide. If you’re looking for permanent or temporary job opportunities in human resources, let us use our extensive network and strong relationships to help you find you the next step in your career.
Michael Page Human Resources recruit HR roles nationwide, ranging from HR Administrator to Global HR Director and also within the specialist areas of HR including Learning & Development, Recruitment, Reward, and Talent.
We offer vacancies across executive, director, manager and junior levels with many of the UK’s leading companies. Our teams have specialist consultants that focus on permanent, interim and contract opportunities. Find out more about our consultants here.
To get started browse for human resources jobs or contact one of our offices directly to find out how our expertise could make a difference to your HR recruitment process.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert