Head of Talent and Resourcing
- Michael Page Human Resources
- Leeds, England
- Excellent Benefits
- Closing date
- 28 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Recruitment & Resourcing
The Head of Talent and Resourcing will lead the design and delivery of recruitment and talent strategy throughout this growing business. Remaining hands on, you will manage a small team to ensure the business has the best processes, systems and strategies to deliver on growth objectives.
A leading international energy business based in Leeds.
The Head of Talent and Resourcing will be responsible for transforming resourcing activities, reducing manual recruitment related activity and improving end-to-end processes and overall candidate experience, through the introduction of a suitable ATS. You will focus on using data driven insights to evolve and improve this activity as the business grows. Responsibilities will include:
- Management of the full cycle of resourcing and talent strategy and associated processes, including the day-to-day delivery of live vacancies.
- Creating and developing the overall resourcing and talent strategy and approach (including apprentice and graduate programmes as well as internal talent identification and progression pathways).
- Collaborating with leaders and hiring managers to provide an effective and proactive partnership, enabling them to meet their resourcing requirements and ensuring hiring decisions are made in line with the business' core principles.
- Building and maintaining external relationships with third party suppliers and aligned networks to provide insights and market updates to stakeholders, enabling and influencing decisions for effective recruitment e.g. benchmarking, market data.
- Providing resourcing advice and guidance to business projects and change programmes as required, ensuring they are future focussed.
- Coach and upskill hiring managers to enable them to make effective and inclusive recruitment and selection decisions, mitigate risks and follow best practice.
- Management of external service providers / recruitment providers supporting the resourcing plan including review of service against KPIs and health of talent pipelines against the headcount plan.
- Developing group talent, succession, recruitment, assessment and selection policies and practices.
- Improving quality and speed of hire whilst managing and reducing recruitment spend.
- Management of executive search for senior and/or confidential roles, influencing and supporting senior business leaders to ensure best hiring decisions.
- Identifying opportunities to improve, outsource, introduce technology and develop best practice across resourcing and talent activities.
- Line management of a resourcing advisor.
This Head of Talent and Resourcing role is integral to the success of this growing energy business. Reporting into the Group HRD, you will need to be/have:
- A hands on approach and very delivery focussed.
- Good experience of delivering process improvements.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Business, HR and/or a management discipline, or CIPD Level 7.
- An understanding of different resourcing strategies and their relevant application.
- A data driven approach to decision making, with strong analytical skills.
- An ability to think and work strategically to drive an integrated approach to headcount planning, talent management, succession planning, equality, diversity, inclusion and resourcing.
- Excellent organisational abilities, a natural tendency to question and delve into information and a keen eye for detail.
- Experience of working with and coaching a variety of hiring managers, up to and including Directors and Senior Managers.
- Experience of hands on recruitment at exec level, and working in an in-house recruitment role.
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills with the ability to partner and influence at all levels.
- Familiarity with implementing and/or using Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Ability to network via social media and other professional platforms, such as LinkedIn.
- Experience of recruiting in a challenging market/location and a solutions focussed approach.
- Experience in sourcing and campaign creation which attracts diverse talent and presents a positive employer brand.
- Up to date with the external recruitment market and recent initiatives that impact our roles including but not limited to IR35, direct sourcing, virtual assessment centres.
This is a superb opportunity to join a growing business and make a real impact. On offer for the successful candidate is:
- Very competitive salary and package, dependent on experience
- Great career opportunity
- Leeds base with hybrid working
- Opportunities to work flexibly
Michael Page Human Resources is acknowledged as one of the leading recruitment companies for human resources with over 30 years of recruitment expertise and a team of specialist consultants based in offices nationwide. If you’re looking for permanent or temporary job opportunities in human resources, let us use our extensive network and strong relationships to help you find you the next step in your career.
Michael Page Human Resources recruit HR roles nationwide, ranging from HR Administrator to Global HR Director and also within the specialist areas of HR including Learning & Development, Recruitment, Reward, and Talent.
We offer vacancies across executive, director, manager and junior levels with many of the UK’s leading companies. Our teams have specialist consultants that focus on permanent, interim and contract opportunities. Find out more about our consultants here.
To get started browse for human resources jobs or contact one of our offices directly to find out how our expertise could make a difference to your HR recruitment process.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert