Indirect Procurement Specialist
- Hays Human Resources
- London, England
- £45000 - £49600 per annum
- Closing date
- 29 Mar 2023
- Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Recruitment & Resourcing
Indirect Procurement Specialist- Fixed Term 12 Month Contract - Salary of £49,600 - Hybrid Working
Your new company
One of the UK's most inspiring and best known faith-based organisations, the organisation is looking for a proactive and commercially aware Procurement Specialist to build on the General Indirect category plans the organisation has already delivered.
Your new role
- Be responsible for sourcing a range of equipment, goods and services and managing a variety of vendors.
- Manage end to end sourcing activities including the development of sourcing strategies and approaches, running tenders, negotiating and implementing contracts for use by stakeholders.
- Undertake commercial negotiations with suppliers to ensure best value is obtained for the organisation.
- Provide best practice procurement advice and end to end sourcing project management to stakeholders
- Create and market category plans whilst identifying where corrective action is needed to ensure all procurement issues are managed correctly throughout the procurement cycle.
- Be responsible for supplier relationships and undertake contract management and supplier performance functions
What you'll need to succeed=
- A member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) or equivalent experience
- Experience in the General Indirect (Corporate Services) areas and category management in general, including running tenders for a variety of good and services
- Proven experience of managing a wide group of internal stakeholders with differing priorities
- Ideally, a background in either a Commercial, Government or Not for Profit Procurement function
- Demonstrate Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Proven experience of carrying out successful negotiations
What you'll get in return
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- A contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Support schemes- - such as fully trained counsellor's 24/7/ life management schemes
- Generous life cover scheme
- Health care plans
- Discounted insurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Apply for Indirect Procurement Specialist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert