- Hays Human Resources
- Huddersfield, England
- £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 30 Mar 2023
- Engineering & Manufacturing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- HR (General)
HR Advisor Required
Your new company
Hays HR are currently recruiting for a HR Generalist to work for a Manufacturer with offices in Huddersfield. Reporting directly to the MD the successful candidate will partner closely with the Directors and will be responsible for the delivery of operational HR as well as communication across the organisation. You will manage the HR function to enable an engaged and skilled workforce.
Your new role
Duties will include:
- Overall responsibility for the HR function within the organisation.
- Implement and manage best practice and efficient people processes according to business need.
- Maintenance and responsibility for files, policies and procedures and GDPR compliance as it relates to HR.
- Monitor sickness and absence and perform return to work interviews when appropriate.
- Ensure employment law, HR policy, best practice and workforce development are applied.
- Be actively involved in employee disciplinary or grievance procedures.
- Continuously improve engagement and welfare, support and coach line managers and build leadership capability.
- Control the performance review programme to deliver continuous employee development.
- Regularly coach, mentor, and support colleagues to identify individual strengths and development needs.
- Administer and manage both weekly and monthly payroll and have responsibility for pension submissions.
- Be an advocate for the general wellbeing of all employees.
- Have overall responsibility for both onboarding and off boarding of employees.
- Alongside your role as HR you will look after the administration for the office including, managing utilities, fleet, health and safety, etc
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience as in a HR role.
- The ability to work both alone and as an active team member.
- Good attention to detail and accurate work.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Up to date knowledge of employment law and HR best practice.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Apply for HR Advisor
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert