- Macmillan Davies
- Birmingham, England
- £35000 - £37000 per annum + + retention bonus, benefits
- Closing date
- 30 Mar 2023
- Engineering & Manufacturing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- HR Advisor
HR Advisor - 12 month FTC
Birmingham (Hybrid working)
£35,000-£37,000 plus bonus and benefits
This is a great opportunity for a HR Advisor to join a global business on a 12 month fixed term contract. Based at their Birmingham site, you will be joining a small local HR team to look after the day-to-day HR Operations, working closely to support managers with sickness absence, grievance matters and recruitment. The team forms part of the wider HR team, who are based at other UK sites - they are a great team, very supportive with long tenure between them.
Working in a manufacturing environment, the scope of the role will include:
* Providing first line generalist HR advice on employment law, HR policies and procedures.
* Assisting with the management of employee relations cases, provide coaching and guidance to line managers.
* Ensuring an efficient and effective recruitment service and a positive experience for both candidates and hiring managers
* Collate and produce regular HR reporting metrics
* Support on organisational change projects including TUPE
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
* Strong HR Advisory experience gained in a generalist role
* Experience of working in manufacturing/supply chain (or similar blue-collar industry) would be preferred
* TUPE experience
* Excellent communication and relationship building skills
* Resilience and ability to influence effectively
* A collaborative and team focused approach
What's on offer:
* A 12-month fixed term contract to start ASAP.
* Salary of £35,000-£37,000 plus a retention bonus payable upon completion of the contract.
* 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Comprehensive benefits package
* Hybrid working with 3 days on site and 2 days from home.
Please apply to Leanne Boddy at Macmillan Davies
Engage. Consult. Recruit.
For many HR professionals, we’ll need no introduction. We are one of the longest-established specialist HR recruitment consultancies in the UK, with expertise in every sector, including financial services, technology and communications, retail, and professional and business services. However, it’s our consultative way of working that really sets us apart. Engage Macmillan Davies and you’ll find the focus is firmly on you and your needs.
Professional. Proven. Personable.
Whether you’re an established HR Manager or just beginning your career as an HR Administrator, you’ll find our focus is on long-term candidate relationships, not short-term fixes. We’ll take as much time to understand your needs as we do client ones. Rather than simply pointing you towards a permanent or interim job in HR, we’ll ensure you make the right career move.
To say we’ve a wealth of experience in HR recruitment is an understatement. Macmillan Davies has been a dedicated HR recruitment consultancy since 1979. Since then, we have developed into the business we are today: a market-leading HR recruitment firm with offices in London and Manchester and part of a global network that spans Asia, Australia and Europe.
Our approach has been developed over three decades at the forefront of HR recruitment consultancy. In that time, we’ve developed an excellent track record of adding value to leading clients in every major sector, a well-established global network and a collaborative working style.
Together, these qualities add up to a unique proposition in HR recruitment. Not only do we have the expertise to deliver what you need, but our consultative and professional approach also means that search will be a rewarding experience.
At Macmillan Davies we take our responsibilities seriously, as we’re guardians of both our clients’ brands and our candidates’ careers. But we also make sure this professionalism is balanced with a personal approach. How we deliver is just as important to us as what we provide – and the reason so many of our clients and candidates return for our advice again and again.
Supporting your HR career every step of the way
We’re a long-term career partner to many of our candidates, supporting them as they progress from HR Assistant jobs to HR Director levels. All of which is made possible by our specialist practices. If you’re looking for a senior HR role, our Executive Resourcing practice is a specialist in the field. Our Interim team will handle your day rate and fixed-term HR assignments, while our Futurexec team will provide the support and opportunities you need earlier in your human resources career.
Darren Hayman – Director, Executive Resourcing
0203 587 7066
Nick Allwood - Director, Manchester
0161 416 6295
Macmillan Davies London
152 - 160 City Road
Macmillan Davies Manchester
First Floor, Swan Buildings
20 Swan Street
152 - 160 City Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert