Head of Employee Relations
- Frazer Jones
- London, England
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Accountancy Banking, Finance & Insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Employee Relations
I'm currently working with a global Investment Bank in the search if their Head of Employee Relations on a permanent basis.
Details of the role:
- Partner with the Head of Advisory to define the strategic approach to employee relations, case management and assessment of ER risk
- Lead the Employee Relations team, ensuring the prioritisation of team members workload is in line with organisational goals and priorities
- Develop, plan and lead the consistent practice and implementation of ER activity, through the development of uniform policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and documented templates
- Creating, designing, maintaining and implementing all ER policies, processes and support material in line with best practice, legal and regulatory requirements and in support of the ER strategy
- Provide Technical ER knowledge, advice and risk mitigation strategies for complex employee relations issues and concerns through collaboration with the HR Business Partners in the region as well as the HR Shared Services team
- Provide education and awareness to line managers across a wide range of employee relations issues considering the legislative framework and commercial outcomes
- Manage complex ER investigations of whistleblowing matters, potential conduct rule breaches, non-financial misconduct, discrimination, harassment etc. This will include but not limited to project managing and assisting with structuring investigations and hearings, identifying risk exposure for the Bank and delivering outcomes.
- Build and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders including Legal, Risk, Compliance and accessing external advice as required.
- Ensure ER alignment with other activities across HR, throughout the employee life cycle, partnering with COEs as required
- Improve ER capability amongst managers in the business, HR Business Partners and HR Shared Services through training, coaching, partnership and development of tools and processes. Engaging with both internal Legal and external counsel as required
- Review and redefine reporting/MI of ER activity to ensure it is fit for purpose and reportable to relevant senior management and committees
- Utilise ER data and metrics to conduct thematic reviews and identify key themes and areas of focus for HR, Legal and Senior Management to support decision making and drive opportunities for continuous improvement
- Actively maintain a pulse on current employment law, regulatory and HR best practice through own research, external networks and apply a strategic lens to continuously advance the ER strategy
- Oversight of ER spend including monitoring and tracking of spend to ensure efficient spend, seeking opportunities to reduce cost and manage risk for the firm wherever possible
- Relationship management with relevant external vendors including external Legal counsel
- Work in partnership with in-house Legal advisors & Employee Relations Specialist where necessary including employment related litigation
- Develop EMEA oversight to facilitate sharing of best practices, ensure consistency of approach and leverage the expertise of colleagues across EMEA, partnering with Country Heads of HR as required.
- Provide advice and expertise in relation to transformation initiatives such as restructuring
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We are global HR recruitment specialists operating across the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and the USA.
Our team of expert consultants specialise in all areas of HR and possess the skills and ability to advise both clients and candidates on the best approach.
Whatever your situation, we are able to provide permanent and interim solutions and with our global connections we have the ability to build professional network pools across the globe.
Through our regular networking events and thought leadership, we go above and beyond the standard of a recruitment consultancy.
To find out more, visit our website: frazerjones.com
- +44 20 7415 2815
Apply for Head of Employee Relations
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert