- Hays Human Resources
- Birmingham, England
- £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Travel & Transport
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- HR Administrator
Your new company
Hays have partnered with this well-known Transport organisation who are looking for a HR Administrator to join their team on an initial 12 month fixed term basis, with the possibility of the role going permanent.
Your new role
As the HR Administrator you will support and lead on a broad range of HR administrative tasks, including HR systems, reporting, compliance and process management.
The role includes daily use of HR systems, in particular Workday, including providing support, advice and guidance to the HR team, all managers and employees to ensure tasks are processed and completed accurately and efficiently.
The role is an integral part of the HR team and and supports in achieving departmental and business plans, strategy, and objectives.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Reports to the HR Business Partner and provides administrative support to the HR team, all managers, and employees.
- Manage, process, and administer all actions and tasks in Workday.
- Monitor the Workday inbox daily for all new actions received i.e., job requisitions, change requests, leavers, etc.
- The point of contact for managers for all Workday tasks and actions and provides advice, support, and guidance on all manager led Workday activities i.e., how to raise job requisitions, how to complete salary change requests, etc.
- Work frequently with managers to ensure all manager led tasks and actions processed in Workday are progressed and completed.
- Ensure that the information contained within Workday is accurate and up to date e.g., employee information, organisation charts, grade profiles, job roles within headcount, etc.
- Manage the completion and return of new starter documentation from new starters.
- Ensure all contracts of employment are prepared, completed, and distributed in a timely manner
- Liaise with the learning and development, payroll, IT, and compliance teams to ensure all new starters are enrolled on the induction programme.
- Ensure all actions required in Workday regarding changes (including compensation changes, fixed term contract extensions, role changes, etc.) are accurately completed.
- Produce and issue letters to the employee's confirming details i.e., variation letters, secondment letters, etc.
- Support line managers with resignation acknowledgement letters and the general HR administration process regarding leavers including issuing letters for leavers confirming end date, final pay date, etc.
- Support line managers with processing leavers in Workday.
- Ensure all leavers are actioned and processed in Workday in good time ahead of the periodic payroll cut off dates to ensure smooth and successful completion of HR and payroll system interface.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Payroll Manager to undertake regular reviews and checks of Pension/HR reconciliation processes.
- Responsible for daily monitoring of the HR inboxes to ensure that e-mails received into the HR inboxes are flagged according to their subject matter to ensure they are distributed to the relevant member of the HR team and/or compliance team.
- Support with HR activities regarding benefits, reward and recognition, annual pay awards and management bonus schemes, including compiling reports, updating records, and producing letters and notices.
- Supporting with minute taking at various HR meetings as and when required
What you'll need to succeed
- Prior experience in similar HR Administrator position/exposure to a HR function
- Experience using Workday or similar HR system such as i-Trent
- Immediately available for work
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary of up to £30,000
- Hybrid + flexible working
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Apply for HR Administrator
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert