- Michael Page Human Resources
- Greater Manchester, England
- £40000 - £50000 per annum + car allowance and benefits
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Construction & Property
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- HR Manager
The People Manager is responsible for managing all things 'people' within the business and also supporting on the creation and implementation of the company wide People Plan, strategy and budget
My client is a growing and well-established SME within the construction industry. They provide expert services across a broad range of sectors, partnering with well-known contractors in the industry. They are seeking an experienced People Manager to join them on their growth journey, shaping the people plans and driving a positive culture across the business.
Reporting into the Director, and managing an HR Administrator, the HR Manager will play a pivotal role in the organisation's growth strategy.
The People Manager will be responsible for the entire employee life-cycle of circa 50 employees. As a key part of the management team, you will work with the wider management team to build a strong engaged employee culture
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to);
- Culture and engagement - spearheading the values and behaviours of the business
- Recruitment - managing and implementing recruiting processes, from advertising and onboarding, to exit interviews, as well as managing agency partners and supporting line managers during the hiring process
- Learning and Development - identifying skills gaps and training needs, ensuring the L&D plan meets the strategic needs of the business
- Talent Development - coaching managers to ensure talent is highlighted and recognised in the business alongside building capabilities and succession plans
- Employee Relations - providing advice and coaching to line managers and supporting on more complex ER, and overseeing performance management
- Providing robust employee relations advice and support across all areas relating to employment law and ensure adherence to our policies and practices
The ideal candidate will have experience from within a fast-paced industrial or similar environment, ideally in an SME. The ability to influence at senior stakeholder level is essential, and experience within a greenfield HR environment would be beneficial.
A demonstrable toolkit in the following are essential;
- Culture and engagement
- Learning and Development
- Talent development
- Employee Relations
- Employment Law
A salary of up to £50,000 plus car allowance, plus hybrid working (weighted towards being on site)
This is a great opportunity to join a truly people-centric organisation on their growth journey
There is some regional travel required as and when needed, within Greater Manchester
Michael Page Human Resources is acknowledged as one of the leading recruitment companies for human resources with over 30 years of recruitment expertise and a team of specialist consultants based in offices nationwide. If you’re looking for permanent or temporary job opportunities in human resources, let us use our extensive network and strong relationships to help you find you the next step in your career.
Michael Page Human Resources recruit HR roles nationwide, ranging from HR Administrator to Global HR Director and also within the specialist areas of HR including Learning & Development, Recruitment, Reward, and Talent.
We offer vacancies across executive, director, manager and junior levels with many of the UK’s leading companies. Our teams have specialist consultants that focus on permanent, interim and contract opportunities. Find out more about our consultants here.
To get started browse for human resources jobs or contact one of our offices directly to find out how our expertise could make a difference to your HR recruitment process.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert