- Development Initiatives
- Bristol / hybrid working
- Salary of £31,000–£35,000 per annum
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Not for Profit/Charity
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Workforce Planning
Bristol / hybrid working
Development Initiatives applies the power of data and evidence to build sustainable solutions.
Our mission is to work closely with partners to ensure data-driven evidence and analysis are used effectively in policy and practice to end poverty, reduce inequality and increase resilience.
While data alone cannot bring about a better world, it is vital to achieving it. Data has the power to unlock insight, shine a light on progress and empower people to increase accountability.
We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant to join us on a permanent, full-time basis, working 35 hours per week. We will also consider a part-time position, working 28 hours per week.
- Salary of £31,000–£35,000 per annum
- 25 days’ holiday plus all Bank/public holidays
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Flexible working arrangements (e.g., homeworking, flexitime)
- Healthcare scheme with an employee assistance programme
- Paid study leave and financial support
- Paid professional membership fees
- Buy and sell holiday scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Informal work environment (e.g., casual dress)
- Free access to the on-site gym in the Bristol office
- Up to five days’ paid leave to volunteer for causes that address poverty and help vulnerable people
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high calibre secretarial professional with experience of providing executive level support to join our organisation.
We recognise that our people are our greatest asset, so when you join us, you will discover a supportive environment that promotes excellence and champions staff development.
So, if you have been looking for a highly rewarding role where your work will support the success of an organisation that is reducing inequality and poverty across the world, then this is a great next move for you.
As an Executive Assistant, you will support our CEO to effectively run our organisation by providing them with expert secretarial and administrative support.
Using excellent levels of tact and confidentiality, you will manage the CEO’s emails, flagging urgent queries where necessary and drafting responses when appropriate.
Providing efficient organisational support, you will assist with diary management, including scheduling meetings, minute taking, providing accurate agendas and organising travel arrangements.
Additionally, you will:
- Support the Head of the CEO’s Office
- Set up one-to-one meetings with direct reports
- Arrange lunches and refreshments where required
- Submit expenses to the financial team
To be considered as an Executive assistant, you will need:
- At least four years’ experience providing senior and/or executive-level support (C-Suite)
- Excellent diary management experience
- Proven experience of handling confidential or sensitive information
- Experience of organising worldwide business travel
- Experience of using Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace tools
- A confident telephone manner and competent knowledge of telephone systems
- Advanced minute-taking skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- A diplomatic style and a high degree of empathy when dealing with others
Experience of working within the international development sector or political arena would be highly beneficial as would experience of working as a company secretary.
Ideally, you will have experience of working with Apple macOS and iOS as well as having a familiarity with contacts databases.
In your cover letter we will be looking for you to provide demonstrable experience of the areas outlined in the role profile with any specific reference to board / governance experience and minute taking.
Other organisations may call this role Executive PA, EA, Personal Assistant, Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer, Executive Support Assistant, Senior Administrator, PA, Secretary, Private Secretary, or Executive Assistant to the Board.
Webrecruit and Development Initiatives are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for a highly rewarding and engaging role as an Executive Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert