HR Director (part-time; 2 days)
- Michael Page Human Resources
- Halifax, England
- £70000 - £80000 per annum
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Engineering & Manufacturing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- HR Director
Michael Page has been appointed to recruit a part-time (2 days) HR Director to lead a People function for a business that is going through a period of growth and change. This is a first-time appointment in the People team.
My customer is an international private equity backed manufacturing business, with their head office in Halifax, that is a specialist within its arena.
This business is described as customer-centric, innovative, and collaborative in its approach.
My customer is an established business that is primed for the next chapter of growth, therefore there is a need to drive the key initiatives on the People roadmap.
The CEO is looking to continue to develop an environment that promotes collaboration with teams, a customer-centric approach and a place that you love to work at!
You will be the HR SME and advisor to the board, and be responsible for a headcount of c.110 people - one site in Halifax, one site in APAC, and another due to launch in North America.
As the HR Director, you would be required to join the business, with a focus on the following;
- Commerciality: Truly understand the business, its operations, and strategic drivers
- Relationships: Develop and maintain credible relationships with key stakeholders
- HR Operations: Complete a gap analysis of the current HR function and how best to transform the service to support the business
- Organisational Design & Development: Assess the business to ensure that the right people are in the right roles, with the right skills with a focus on Performance and Customer-centricity. Creation and implementation of competencies, behaviours linked to career pathways. Assess what 'good' looks like for the immediate, mid and long-term
- Culture & Engagement: Drive and maintain a 'Passion & Performance vs Customer-centric vs Wellbeing' culture
- Total Reward: Review of Compensation & Benefits and performance related Bonus pay, linked to competencies and behaviours
- Footprint & Headcount Growth: Creation of North America entity, with recruitment of Commercial and Operations colleagues
- HR Team Development: Management, development and mentoring of two HR Managers (one based in the UK, another based in APAC)
- Going Beyond the Brief: Support and influence the Leadership team on driving business performance
Based in Halifax, this role is part of the senior leadership team.
To be considered for this part-time HR Director role, you will have proven experience within a HR leadership role (Head of HR / HR Director) that has supported businesses in achieving their strategic goals; ideally within a commercially driven and entrepreneurial environment.
You will possess an astute HR toolkit that supports a business to succeed financially and culturally. You will also have a true interest, passion and proven experience of landing projects across the entire HR spectrum.
You will have significant experience within a Manufacturing / Engineering / FMCG business.
You will also be;
* Open minded, transparent, apolitical, non-corporate - this is absolutely key and critical to fit with their culture. This does not mean that the successful candidate cannot come from a corporate, they just need to have a non-corporate approach
* Growth oriented, dynamic, comfortable with a succeed or fail fast approach
* Intelligent, capable of strategic, forward and lateral thinking. The role / challenge may suit someone willing to explore the unorthodox
* A natural, energetic, optimistic and engaging leader (of the People function) as well a team-player, as this individual will be a central part of the senior leadership team
* Given the war will be even fiercer fought for tech / digital talent, it is key that we find an individual with a strong understanding of the millennial mindset
* Experience of working in a Manufacturing / Engineering / FMCG business
* Experience of leading a People / HR team
* Experience of driving strategic Talent, OD and Engagement initiatives, which show clear ROI
This role will also pay £70,000 to £80,000 per annum (full time equivalent, and dependent on experience), performance related bonus and benefits.
Michael Page Human Resources is acknowledged as one of the leading recruitment companies for human resources with over 30 years of recruitment expertise and a team of specialist consultants based in offices nationwide. If you’re looking for permanent or temporary job opportunities in human resources, let us use our extensive network and strong relationships to help you find you the next step in your career.
Michael Page Human Resources recruit HR roles nationwide, ranging from HR Administrator to Global HR Director and also within the specialist areas of HR including Learning & Development, Recruitment, Reward, and Talent.
We offer vacancies across executive, director, manager and junior levels with many of the UK’s leading companies. Our teams have specialist consultants that focus on permanent, interim and contract opportunities. Find out more about our consultants here.
To get started browse for human resources jobs or contact one of our offices directly to find out how our expertise could make a difference to your HR recruitment process.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert