- Hays Human Resources
- Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland
- £25000 - £30000 per annum
- Closing date
- 4 Apr 2023
- Engineering & Manufacturing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- HR Officer
Your new company
Hays is pleased to be working with a leading manufacturing organisation to appoint an HR Officer to join their team in Carrickfergus. This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
Your new role
As an HR Officer you will work collaboratively with the rest of the HR team where you will be responsible for supporting on all aspects of the HR lifecycle.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Act as a first point of contact for all employees with HR queries
- Support on all recruitment and selection activity
- Keep HR systems and databases up to date and be able to run reports and analyse data
- Assist with the implementation of the company health and well being policy
- Work with external stakeholders as part of community outreach activities such as attending careers fairs and delivering talks in schools and universities
- Be involved in HR related projects throughout the year
- Ensure that HR policy and procedure is communicated throughout the organisation
- Support with employee relations matters
- Undertake low level absence investigations as required and provide HR coaching to line managers
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant 3rd level qualification and/or CIPD Qualification
- Previous experience working in a generalist HR role is essential
- Previous experience in dealing with employee relations matters
- Previous experience in providing coaching support to line management and staff
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Teamwork skills
- Good analytical, planning and organizing skills
- Results focused, with ability to work on own initiative
- Strong IT skills, proficient in the use of Microsoft office
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary £25000-£30000
- Generous employer pension contributions
- A health cash plan
- Discount scheme
- Life assurance
- Service-related holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Free car parking
- Learning and Development opportunities and support
- Ride to work scheme
- Service awards
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Apply for HR Officer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert